JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out riding my bicycle today on a fairly busy road that doesn't get any foot traffic near the turnoff to my neighborhood . Kind of a dangerous road . Anyway I noticed a Harly super glide in a ditch 30-40 foot off the road where you wouldn't notice it unless you were walking or riding a bike. The back wheel was down in the mud buried up to the axle and the bike was laid over. I thought thats a strange place to put a motorcycle and why would someone leave it there thats an expensive bike.Didnt think much about it at the time . I was just telling my wife and I think when I go on my ride tomorrow, I'm going to have to go on some recon in the woods behind the ditch if the bike is still there. Ive seen this sort of thing before and I may not like what I find.

Yikes. Why not call it in?
If its still there I will.

A couple of years ago a guy on a bike got creamed right in front of me. I stopped and dove into the woods and he was twisted up pretty bad. Whole right side broken up and a few compound fractures. If I hadn't seen it happen and the car driver hadn't stopped no one would have known he was back there and he would have died. This may not be the case this time but I know Harley owners. They dont just leave their bikes like that.

Um...the issue is if there is an injured or dead rider back there too. You should call that type of thing in immediately unless you're certain there is nobody injured. But on a bike, the rider could have launched quite a distance...he/she could be anywhere. Best to just call it in to be safe.

The bike wasn't wrecked. Looked more like it was just ditched there. Went over there at 11 PM last night with my billion cp flashlight and it was gone. I could see what happened though. Skid marks on the road leading to where it was. Looks like he hit the barkes and ended up in the ditch and came back later to pick it up. All is well.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR