JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, UPS lost your original order, Midway immediately refunded what you paid. Two months later, what you originally ordered shows up, and Midway charges your card for exactly what you agreed to pay for the products you received. I don't understand what you were expecting? You got exactly what you bargained for, just delayed through no fault of Midway, yet somehow they owe you something? :rolleyes:
You are 100% correct. I could have kept my mouth shut and received the product for nothing. I guess I expected something for being honest and for waiting 2 months for the product. It was not Midway USA's fault that UPS lost the shipment. I have not stopped ordering from them. I guess I expected something for putting up with the crappy shipping. Midway USA does rely on shipping 100%.

I have purchased a lot of different reloading and various other shooting items from Midway USA over the years. I usually order bullets from them when they have free shipping. Due to weight involved with bullets, I figured I saved a lot on shipping over the years. Last year one of the shipments was lost by UPS. I contacted Midway USA and they gave me a credit on my card. About two months later the shipment showed up at my doorstep, so I again contacted Midway USA and informed them that I had finally received my shipment. They promptly charged my credit card card for the full amount of the original purchase. I mistakenly thought they would give me some kind of credit for 1)being honest and 2)being put out a couple months, but no. I will continue to order bullets from them, but only if I can get free
So, UPS lost your original order, Midway immediately refunded what you paid. Two months later, what you originally ordered shows up, and Midway charges your card for exactly what you agreed to pay for the products you received. I don't understand what you were expecting? You got exactly what you bargained for, just delayed through no fault of Midway, yet somehow they owe you something? :rolleyes:
I was thinking the exact same thing, but you said it much better than I could have! đź‘Ť

Kudos to Crossbow5 for doing the right thing! He could have just not called them, and gotten free bullets, as many would have.

It's like chasing someone down to return found money. Whether they generously offer a reward, or just stuff it in their pocket without so much as a thank you, it still the right thing to do.

You are 100% correct. I could have kept my mouth shut and received the product for nothing. I guess I expected something for being honest and for waiting 2 months for the product. It was not Midway USA's fault that UPS lost the shipment. I have not stopped ordering from them. I guess I expected something for putting up with the crappy shipping. Midway USA does rely on shipping 100%.
Safe to say then that you don't subscribe to the "virtue is it's own reward" way of thinking. Integrity is what one has when not expecting a reward for doing the right thing, and I still believe honesty is the best policy.
Notifying Midway was the right thing to do. If you had already purchased the items ordered elsewhere, you could have refused acceptance of the delayed order and Midway would have at least received their products back. Sadly, in that scenario, the party that screwed up (UPS) would have benefited by collecting shipping charges TWICE. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top