JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was reading the Farmer's Market column today and found this tidbit of useful information:

"If you have mice, plant catnip. The cats for miles around come and sniff the catnip, the mice sniff the cats, and - no mice, we shall hope."

Boxed in red, in the photo.

mice.jpg

The best way to get rid of mice is to clean up every food source for mice, and store all your grains in metal containers.

Also stuff every hole and crack under every sink with steel wool.

Don't feed birds anywhere near your house. Bird food really brings the mice in.

You know you have a lot of mice around your house if you hear owls hooting at night.

Long ago I used catnip to get rid of a rat population. NW Roof Rats kept getting into our house. I used traps and poison on them and it did work. Then I noticed the little guys were coming under the back fence about dusk. We did not have a Cat anymore, did not really want to deal with getting another and having to deal with dogs getting used to it. Almost bought a nice air rifle to pop them. So I found "food grade" Catnip at the store in the health food. Not sure what the hell people do with it but cats went NUTS for it. I would sprinkle some in the drive and soon would have several cats from the neighborhood out there rollin in it. Soon I was no longer seeing the rats :D
Bit ago I found we had a mouse in the damn place. Tried some bait, mouse did not seem interested. I could see it was going for dogs food. Finally bought one of those battery powered killers made by Victor. Couple days later It had killed one. I soon found we had more than one. So bought a couple more of them and wow. For a week or so I was killing several a night. After a while it finally slowed down to none. Little traps work great. When the light is flashing a dead mouse is in there, just dump it in the trash.

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top