JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

ABC is reporting that Mexico will continue to push for a new so-called "assault weapon ban" in the US at the upcoming North American Leaders summit.

Maybe the Mexicans should do a better job policing their borders from illegal shipments of arms, not all of which come from the US. Do they think a druglord in Juarez wouldn't be able to get ahold of some AKs on the world market if he wanted them? You can load up on them in street markets in many countries.

Come to think of it, if the Mexican government bought a bunch of AKs on the world market and handed one out to every family in Mexico, the people could protect themselves. As is, they're helpless and unarmed, dependent upon corrupt cops for their safety.

What they are experiencing in Mexico is the failure of comprehensive nationwide gun control. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns. And that sucks badly... if you aren't an outlaw.

Maybe the Mexicans should do a better job policing their borders from illegal shipments of arms, not all of which come from the US. Do they think a druglord in Juarez wouldn't be able to get ahold of some AKs on the world market if he wanted them? You can load up on them in street markets in many countries.

Come to think of it, if the Mexican government bought a bunch of AKs on the world market and handed one out to every family in Mexico, the people could protect themselves. As is, they're helpless and unarmed, dependent upon corrupt cops for their safety.

What they are experiencing in Mexico is the failure of comprehensive nationwide gun control. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns. And that sucks badly... if you aren't an outlaw.

Agree with you 100% there - I didn't want to rehash other blog posts in my most recent entry, but if you do a search I discuss these issues elsewhere.

I'm still not convinced that the majority of the so-called "assault weapons" come from smuggling arms across the U.S. border. They're treating the '94 ban like it was a true ban, which it wasn't - so any post 2004 uptick they're seeing (if they're actually seeing one) is coincidence.

I believe most of the weapons are coming from defections in their own military, China, Russia, and other Central American nations.

Apparently there's a site where you can get your comments to the actual committees. I included a link and my commentary on a separate entry.

<broken link removed>

For an interesting variation on a theme, the great "republic" of Mexico should give serious consideration to repealing the laws disarming her citizenry. Imagine, if any Mexican citizen had the right to bear arms, would the narcoistas have it so easy when they ride into a town, shoot up a bunch of civilians, and take the place over, imposing their corrupt power over the residents? Certainly not. A goodly part of the problem is that Mexicans are, in the main, unarmed, and those bent on mayhem know it. So the population can do little more than cower, or die at the hands of the stronger. Let the citizens of Mexico be armed, and see how long they tolerate the corruption, abuse, violence.

Most of the automatic weapons in mexico come from central america, lots came from israel and other places, In mexico owning a true sub-gun is a matter of pride in the more afluent cities, look at the markings and woolaa, the U.S. Gov. knows this but wants to push there anti gun ban down our throats.:angry:

For an interesting variation on a theme, the great "republic" of Mexico should give serious consideration to repealing the laws disarming her citizenry. Imagine, if any Mexican citizen had the right to bear arms, would the narcoistas have it so easy when they ride into a town, shoot up a bunch of civilians, and take the place over, imposing their corrupt power over the residents? Certainly not. A goodly part of the problem is that Mexicans are, in the main, unarmed, and those bent on mayhem know it. So the population can do little more than cower, or die at the hands of the stronger. Let the citizens of Mexico be armed, and see how long they tolerate the corruption, abuse, violence.

You hit the nail in the head AMIGO!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads