JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about selling my Glock 19 and buying a CZ but I was just wondering is it even practical to carry a metal framed pistol? Even a compact one? I just feel like it would be super heavy. Should I stick with my Glock? I just keep hearing people rave about their CZs...

Depends what you like. I carry my Kahr CW45 daily, which is polymer framed. I also carry my iron 1911 IWB when the mood suites me. Everybody is different though.

Yeah, personal preference. I personally carry a G26. I wouldn't want to carry anything heavier, but that's just me.

Depends on you, as most things.

We carry CZ 2075 RAMI's about all the time, PCR's on occasion.

Various other mini/slims etc when the CZ's will not work well for the clothing/weather/quickie errand run etc. Eg: Ruger LC9S & Pro, bodyguard .380's.

The RAMI's in an OWB holster and a longer/oversized shirt gives "OK" concealment, but is obvious. IWB, conceals just as well as anything else.

Mind though, that folks rave about CZ's more likely because it fits them well. So they can shoot them well. Least ways that's our experience.

You might see if they fit your hand well first before leaping into a new to you gun. If they do fit, then chances are you will likely be able to shoot them well. That's really the only thing that matters.

I love my G17 and don't have a problem wearing it all day. (I'd like a G19 to be honest just for a slightly smaller package)

Prior to that I carried a full size single stack 1911.

I'm large but honestly it has more to do with the holster/belt/location combo that either makes or breaks if it is comfortable for me or not.

Sometimes I just carry a Walther P22 in a cargo pocket when it's hot out. And that thing is super light.

I'd try the CZ before you decide to ditch the Glock personally.

A Walther PPK has been my primary carry piece for 30 years; the main factor is conceal-ability, particularly in warmer weather months. My alternate is a S&W 645 that I've had even longer; heavy of course but it's my fighting pistol and makes for a little more piece of mind if I decide the threat level is elevated for whatever reason.

I think it really comes down to personal preference and being used to your gear. Carrying a handgun is uncomfortable, period. Just a fact of being prepared.

I am thinking about selling my Glock 19 and buying a CZ but I was just wondering is it even practical to carry a metal framed pistol? Even a compact one? I just feel like it would be super heavy. Should I stick with my Glock? I just keep hearing people rave about their CZs...

Depends on where and how you carry it.ive seen the heavy pistols flop around some when walking. a good holster is a must. Regardless a cz75 is a fine piece of equipment and if it don't work as a carry gun it could be used for another purpose or you would have no problem selling it .

The correct belt and a good holster make all the difference no matter what you carry.
I had a 75D PCR and it was a bit hard finding holsters. But it's an outstanding pistol.

Ditto on the quality holster and belt, i carry a super heavy pistol much of the time, and I carry between two and four reloads, with the right holster and belt, I have no issues with it's weight or comfort! Like all firearms, it all comes to how you choose to carry, what you choose to carry it in, and and if you can live with it! I find That comfort comes after a few days to weeks, you have to give it time to take a set!

I'd not be so concerned about the weight of a steel framed sidearm. It's going to be more heft, but there's way to accommodate that. As has already been said, the holster and belt will be determining factors in edc comfort.

I've carried a Combat Commander in a Milt Sparks Nexus iwb holster on a Big Foot steel lined gun belt and it's been just as comfortable and unnoticeable as when I carry a Shield .45 in a kydex holster with that same gun belt.

Once you decide on the sidearm, you need to find the best holster and belt combination for your specific needs and comfort level, everyone is different.

Holster and belt are items you should budget for, stay away from cheap, cause you get what you pay for. To me personally, the belt is the key, it should be rigid and remain that way, it should not twist and bend when worn with the holster. It should retain its original shape over time. That's why I've chosen Big Foot and would buy another in a heart beat.

Good luck in your quest!

I often carry an CZ P01 in the winter. It prints a bit in most of my summer clothing, so summers I often switch to a G26.

I have good, very well made hybrid IWB holsters for each. As stated before, this can make all the difference. You can spend a lot of time adjusting and adjusting to a holster. I did with both of the above guns and several others over the years.

A lot of the above advice is terrific. Try your Glock with a high-quality holster if you haven't. Shoot a CZ if you haven't. Definitely carry it a few times before you ditch the Glock if that's possible for you. Be prepared to spend a couple of months breaking in and adjusting your new holster.

My EAA Steel Compact (similar to CZ 75 compact) weighs 30 ounces, less than 3 ounces more than S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. My Tanfoglio full size TA90s weigh about 5 ounces more than my Compact. The CZ P-01 weighs in at a little more than 28 ounces.

Some of the polymer guns don't save as much weight as you think. There are some aluminum frame compacts that are good choices (CZ P-01).

Don't sell the glock to buy a replacement. Buy the replacement, give yourself a chance to decide if it's what you want than sell the glock if needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top