JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The CZ P01 is a very nice light weight choice. It is an alloy framed DA/AS as well as the TriStar P100.

I started with striker fired. Moved over to metal framed pistols and now decided there is no right answer. Do both.

You could compromise. The CZ75 Phantom is back on the market and CZ P07 are both polymer DA/SA that are hard to fault.

I curry a Kimber Micro-9 and it's almost not noticeable.
Likey me some Micro 9 too. Lite, compact, disappears in an iwb holster. And there's the option of pocket carry too...

I use the Sig P938 extended magazines, fit and work perfectly, giving an extra round to boot.

E0E77FA8-8EBD-4E1E-A4D7-3D6BDA7A9A79.jpeg
DA49B925-717F-4269-937E-8AEF809DA975.jpeg

Likey me some Micro 9 too. Lite, compact, disappears in an iwb holster. And there's the option of pocket carry too...

I use the Sig P938 extended magazines, fit and work perfectly, giving an extra round to boot.

View attachment 473819
View attachment 473820

Were you aware that Hogue has the pinky extensions now for the 7 round mags? Had them on preorder and was worth the wait for my paws.

Last Edited:
Surrender yourself to the certainty that you will end up with a trunk full of belts and holsters, just like the rest of us.
Speaking of which, I just ordered a belly-band holster as an alternative to my Alien Gear IWB. I wanna see if I like that method better. That'll make about six different holsters in my drawer so far, but I've only been shooting three years, so…

I am thinking about selling my Glock 19 and buying a CZ but I was just wondering is it even practical to carry a metal framed pistol? Even a compact one? I just feel like it would be super heavy. Should I stick with my Glock? I just keep hearing people rave about their CZs...

First things to consider. 99.99% of all gun owners claim that what they carry is the best thing and is the most comfortable.

Secondly, every gun owner dances to a different tune even ever so slightly, so what works for them may not be your preference.

I personally make my carry decisions based on what I think and what I experience, if I worried about carrying what other gun owners said I would need to buy dozens of more pistols because the recommendation would change often depending on the company.

(This coming from a guy who carries either a sig 938, or a Glock 17 w/TLR)

I carry a full size Colt Series '70 Government Model...
A good solid belt and holster , keeps the pistol secure and free from "sagging" .
The trick is finding that good solid belt and holster....it can get expensive real quick ...And often you end up with a pile of belts and holsters , till you find the right combination....
Andy

I carry a full size Colt Series '70 Government Model...
A good solid belt and holster , keeps the pistol secure and free from "sagging" .
The trick is finding that good solid belt and holster....it can get expensive real quick ...And often you end up with a pile of belts and holsters , till you find the right combination....
Andy
I Found a good solid leather belt made by a home craftsman at a affordible price .I will look for the info and post it. Its been the best Ive had for years.

HERE is the Contact info for gun belts. hes a 1 man operated small business so it might take a bit. but the quality is the best Ive seen in along time.Feel free to move this if info to a better local if necessary

Custer Custom Leather Company

Phone: (270)-385-1981

Email: [email protected]

Phone Hours:

Mon-Fri: 9-5 pm

Sat: Closed

Sun: Closed

Shop Address

247 Noonon Rd.

Columbia, KY 42728

Last Edited:
My EAA Steel Compact (similar to CZ 75 compact) weighs 30 ounces, less than 3 ounces more than S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. My Tanfoglio full size TA90s weigh about 5 ounces more than my Compact. The CZ P-01 weighs in at a little more than 28 ounces.

Some of the polymer guns don't save as much weight as you think. There are some aluminum frame compacts that are good choices (CZ P-01).

I consider aluminum framed pistols to be the worst of all worlds. Yes, they can be lightweight, however, they are rigid like steel but where steel has the heft to dampen recoil the aluminum does not, putting that force into the shooter's hands.

I have shot two Commander-size Colt 1911s side-by-side, one steel, one aluminum. The LW Colt got real old shooting it through drills, it was slower on the timer and more difficult to hit well, while the steel frame remained pleasant all day.

By contrast, polymer frame pistols are LW but they are also flexible absorbing much of the felt recoil, allowing better control and faster follow up shots. Polymer is substantially lighter and more corrosion resistant than steel, in addition, they typically cost less, therefore, are easier to kiss goodbye should the need arise.

For CCW my preference...
Polymer > Steel > Aluminum
YMMV

That said you could do a lot worse than a CZ.

I've only carried steel framed, and don't notice the weight at all. The only thing I do notice is the size when I'm not wearing it right.

Daily : Kimber CDP in OWB, SOB, or Shoulder. OWB prints most often, Shoulder in winter, requires coats, SOB is most comfortable. Have an IWB but I haven't found a comfortable wear spot yet. Probably that I'm too fat to pull it off.
On Compact Steel frame - it's an instant litmus test : camping in the Mt Hood Wilderness last week, I didn't bother with concealment. When you see that look, big, deer-in-the-headlights look, you know they've noticed your sidearm. When they scuffle away from you, they are declaring their state of "snowflake."
Hunting : Tanfoglio Compact in 10mm or CZ75B in 40, both OWB.

[edit to add] Correction, I note the CDP is an aluminum framed 45.

Don't sell the glock to buy a replacement. Buy the replacement, give yourself a chance to decide if it's what you want than sell the glock if needed.
Get the replacement, keep the old one. Win-Win.

Last Edited:
SOB is most comfortable

And the most dangerous...
The Danger Of "Small Of The Back" Carry

Don't sell the glock to buy a replacement. Buy the replacement, give yourself a chance to decide if it's what you want than sell the glock if needed.

I agree, don't sell a known for an unknown. Give yourself time to figure out which one you prefer. Like them both keep them both.

I've gone through a lot of guns with no intention of keeping many simply for the sake of education. Blasting a few rounds out of a rental will only get you so far. I'll take that class of weapons and flip them to continue the process.

I've only carried steel framed, and don't notice the weight at all. The only thing I do notice is the size when I'm not wearing it right.

Daily : Kimber CDP in OWB, SOB, or Shoulder. OWB prints most often, Shoulder in winter, requires coats, SOB is most comfortable. Have an IWB but I haven't found a comfortable wear spot yet. Probably that I'm too fat to pull it off.
On Compact Steel frame - it's an instant litmus test : camping in the Mt Hood Wilderness last week, I didn't bother with concealment. When you see that look, big, deer-in-the-headlights look, you know they've noticed your sidearm. When they scuffle away from you, they are declaring their state of "snowflake."
Hunting : Tanfoglio Compact in 10mm or CZ75B in 40, both OWB.

[edit to add] Correction, I note the CDP is an aluminum framed 45.

I used to carry owb with shirt hanging over. but when the wind blows A snowflake was flashed .now Iwb 90% time .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top