JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SAR groups are approved by the counties and are not militia groups. No private militia group is being called upon by the county for SAR work.

State military departments and any formations they may control are mainly back-up in case their respective National Guard gets federalized. As happened in WW2 and the Korean war. When this occurred, states that lost their NG forces had to come up with some state force to take their place. At present, most purely state military organizations are shells that would be filled out at such time as their NG went federal. Historically when that happens, they enlist men (and next time, presumably women) who are otherwise not fit for active duty. Due to physical condition, age, etc.

Okay, next idea re. state laws that ban paramilitary training. I read the Oregon law, it bans paramilitary training that is done within the context of promoting unlawful activity that causes bodily injury or death. Or that would be used to cause civil disorder. Those offenses are no doubt already against the law in the form of other statutes. So combining them together within the context of private military activity makes it a little slippery in that the law could be used to apply frivolous or selective prosecution. As in, "Oh, you say you are re-enactors who are just out for fun? Okay, you are under arrest and it's up to you and your (expensive) lawyers to show that your activity wasn't being used to promote violence." Or something like that. Just a little fear that lurks in the back of my mind.

To get to the real core of the issue. 18 US Code 2385, Advocating the Overthrow of Government. Which applies to federal and state government as well. There is another related statute, 18 US Code 2384, Seditious Conspiracy, which is closely related because it involves more than one individual. The latter has been used a number of times against Puerto Rican separatists, for example.

Read these statutes. Federal law makes it a crime to advocate what some private militias have called for.

Whether you agree with the law or not, it's there on the books. With all the force of the US Government behind it if necessary. Each individual has to decide for himself what he wants to put on the line in the way of defending principles. He has to decide if he wants to give up material comforts, the security of/for his family and personal liberty for a fight he stands every chance of losing. It's a tough monkey.

A kinda/sorta related case in history comes to mind. The Minutemen of the 1960's. Does anyone remember Bob DePugh? Well, he and his lot decided that Communism was going to take over in the US. One thing lead to another including bank robbery. But Bob didn't die in Prison. I think the Minutemen had the idea that somehow the US Government would come under Communist control and therefore that was what the Minutemen would oppose, not the existing government of the time.
Hi... I knew Bob DePugh and can correct a lot of that info.

In a nut shell the FBI confessed to planting "evidence" in order to frame Bob DePugh after he had served nearly 30 years.
The judge expunged his record... which hardly gives him back his life. Our militia in the 90s trained on the same rural area that Bob did. Bob DePugh was friends with H. L. Hunt (daddy Hunt) because daddy Hunt helped fund the Minutemen. I knew his son Lamar Hunt. The press still to this day said the Hunts tried to corner the silver market which was a lie. What really happened is that Texas wanted to start their own silver/gold backed money and the Hunts were going to help by getting the silver to start the effort. Well, the Federal Reserve called all their notes due in full for trying. In court the Federal Reserve was found guilty of conspiring to break the Hunt family, and made the banks give the Hunt family business loans at very low interest rates as punishment.

Bob DePugh, daddy Hunt, and Ewing Kauffman (KC Royals owner) were buddies and funded many "projects' of which America should be thankful for. I have been in Ewing's office when it was on Brush Creek Boulevard in Kansas City because his office was above mine in same building.

This is just the tip of the info anyone should feel free to contact me at my email for more if interested... groundcrew at protonmail dot com

I was former state commander of the Missouri Militia, and have been plastered all over MSM, and Leslie Stahls news show... btw she knew the OKC bombing was going to happen ahead of it happening. Some day myself and Norm Olson need to make that info known somewhere... sometime.

Stay safe all!

Hi... I knew Bob DePugh and can correct a lot of that info.

In a nut shell the FBI confessed to planting "evidence" in order to frame Bob DePugh after he had served nearly 30 years.
The judge expunged his record... which hardly gives him back his life. Our militia in the 90s trained on the same rural area that Bob did. Bob DePugh was friends with H. L. Hunt (daddy Hunt) because daddy Hunt helped fund the Minutemen. I knew his son Lamar Hunt. The press still to this day said the Hunts tried to corner the silver market which was a lie. What really happened is that Texas wanted to start their own silver/gold backed money and the Hunts were going to help by getting the silver to start the effort. Well, the Federal Reserve called all their notes due in full for trying. In court the Federal Reserve was found guilty of conspiring to break the Hunt family, and made the banks give the Hunt family business loans at very low interest rates as punishment.

Bob DePugh, daddy Hunt, and Ewing Kauffman (KC Royals owner) were buddies and funded many "projects' of which America should be thankful for. I have been in Ewing's office when it was on Brush Creek Boulevard in Kansas City because his office was above mine in same building.

This is just the tip of the info anyone should feel free to contact me at my email for more if interested... groundcrew at protonmail dot com

I was former state commander of the Missouri Militia, and have been plastered all over MSM, and Leslie Stahls news show... btw she knew the OKC bombing was going to happen ahead of it happening. Some day myself and Norm Olson need to make that info known somewhere... sometime.

Stay safe all!
I miss living in Missouri.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews