JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
a personal friend for tracking and to establish your safety...

Garmin manual provides multiple technical options that I am having difficulty decoding in my 72 year old brain. Ideas.

I do have an Andoid for what that matters...

Maybe there is a simple dvd on how to set this puppy up. It is activated.

Thanks a lot...

The InReach is super popular in hiking groups, I would try asking in a hiking forum....
I wish I didnt have to redirect you somewhere else but I dont own one but have thought about buying one...

oregonhikers.org is a good hiking forum with plenty of knowledgeable gearheads.

I used the Delorme inReach Explorer (basically just an older/larger version of the Garmin mini) this last year. There are plenty of videos on Youtube regarding setup and use. Basically you can set up 3 preset messages while you are at home. You can send these three messages as often as you like on the most basic plan. The inReach can track you and post your positions on an online map that your friends and family can access, if you set it so. Unfortunately, the Garmin software is really pretty bad. I mean, the tracking, and messaging work but the sync between the earthmate software on my android phone and the inReach device is pretty poor for messages. This is a fairly common issue if you check the earthmate reviews on Google play. I'll continue using the inReach in the future, with my phone, unless a better alternative shows up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top