JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I grew up in Utah with Mormons ALL around! I never really saw Christmas as a strictly religious holiday. Go figure. At the Mormon gatherings I attended as a kid, I just went along, completely UN-offended, and just enjoyed the parties and gatherings. When group prayers were said I sat quietly and respectfully as they did their thing.

So many things about this season have nothing to do with the birth of Christ anyway.

It really means something different for everyone. Fact is, it's pretty much a national holiday, whether you celebrate or not, whether you observe it as a religious event or not, no one can deny the HUGE impact Christmas has on our economy, our jobs, our schools, our vacations. It's a special time for a lot of people, so why give them grief for it.

I forgot to mention I work with a couple of JW's as well, and they don't celebrate any holidays, even birthdays. They are not offended either. They are adult enough to realize that someone else's celebration isn't an offense to their personal beliefs.

I forgot to mention I work with a couple of JW's as well, and they don't celebrate any holidays, even birthdays. They are not offended either. They are adult enough to realize that someone else's celebration isn't an offense to their personal beliefs.

My dad had a business partner that went JW, when his two kids were like 6 and 9. I always felt bad for them....NO MORE Christmas gifts! Birthday gifts, whatever, NO MORE! Not to mention being Dads partner in his livelihood, no more work after 6:00pm Fri, or what ever it was.

View attachment 328749

This offends ME. Cats matter too you know. Think of how the cat's feel when only dogs are represented here! It's like telling cats that they are less of a pet than a dog, or that dogs are better than cats.

I think it's a sad commentary on the way we treat animals. :(
o_O

There's a reason for that, when was the last time cats have:
done any police work,
detected and/or rescued someone covered by an avalanche/rubble,
sniffed out a bomb,
sniffed out an illegal alien trying to sneak into the country,
sniffed out truffles,
pointed/flushed any game birds for someone,
herded cattle/sheep,
pulled people on a sled,
raced,
fought in a war,
guarded anything other than a food dish?

So maybe once cats get off their lazy bubblegums and start doing something useful then maybe they too can receive the accolades and praise that a dog does.:D

Ray

My dog mostly guards us from squirrels, but my cats get mice on a regular basis (usually while my dog is in front of the fireplace). Love 'em all and none are going anywhere soon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top