JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha, that place wasnt the best, I'd rather go to coast with no snow and no one else around instead of pushing my luck around the idiots toting ARs shooting bowling pins, somewhere with no trash. The only reason it's popular is its a commuter shooter spot. It's a shame whats it's become.

Great idea about the trail camera. But in the mean time a sign would work wonders.
Maybe a sign like:

" This area is monitored and controlled by camera. Please remove your trash."

Or something like that.

What do you ethink?

I was just up there today, I didn't see major "Trash" but there are lots of shell casings still there, I tossed whatever I could on my tarp and bagged it. I'm not sure if the camera sign would do the trick though.

I was just up there today, I didn't see major "Trash" but there are lots of shell casings still there, I tossed whatever I could on my tarp and bagged it. I'm not sure if the camera sign would do the trick though.

I was up there today too.
Were you at the main pit? I was in the Grey Dodge with the table

Ok....Was there Sunday. Alright at first. People were good about calling out for target change. Then it got crappy, a large group came up, no etiquette at all. Some from Washington. One loud mouth, hey I got computers,tv and bubblegum. Lets all shoot it up. They did. Group shooting behind line. I was out shooting and some dips%$^ crossing at 45 degree into hill. WTF, I warned them many times, two were shooting at my iron targets, no askie. Finally just pulled or stuff and left. Ruined my day. Idiots always ruin it for others. Now I see why places get closed.

Ok....Was there Sunday. Alright at first. People were good about calling out for target change. Then it got crappy, a large group came up, no etiquette at all. Some from Washington. One loud mouth, hey I got computers,tv and bubblegum. Lets all shoot it up. They did. Group shooting behind line. I was out shooting and some dips%$^ crossing at 45 degree into hill. WTF, I warned them many times, two were shooting at my iron targets, no askie. Finally just pulled or stuff and left. Ruined my day. Idiots always ruin it for others. Now I see why places get closed.
Wtf? My brain hurts from the stupid you just described.

As soon as I see someone shooting at computers, ot TV's or etc... I write down their license plate numbers and make sure that they see me do it - dont know if would ever do any good - thier word agaisnt mine but it typically gets them to take notice. Dont want to cause trouble but would like all to treat the shooting sites as they would thier own. I am embarrassed by what I see when i go up there.

I was up there on Friday. Four or five groups of different shooters everyone was well mannered. It was a real nice time . I must have gotten lucky, hell some guys even picked up my target to help out. Great group we had out there....HotRod

Was up there today. Three other groups there and everyone was friendly and well mannered. Most everyone I have met there have been very nice. It's unfortunate with just a few screw it up for everyone else.
Met Bruce and had nice chat. Told him about this web site and he let me shoot his Ruger 44. Never shot one before but Very Nice. I even managed to hit the target (surprised me).

As soon as I see someone shooting at computers, ot TV's or etc... I write down their license plate numbers and make sure that they see me do it - dont know if would ever do any good - thier word agaisnt mine but it typically gets them to take notice. Dont want to cause trouble but would like all to treat the shooting sites as they would thier own. I am embarrassed by what I see when i go up there.
Not a bad idea. I also like asking if they plan on packing out that crap. I've been on a number of cleanups in shooting pits and the heavy broken glass is not fun to cleanup. I always take a couple large bags of trash out when I go up there.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews