JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Doing a local meet, today, with the local militia in Benton County.

Benton County Militia

I guess they meet pretty regularly. I think they will be a good resource to stay involved with the community, keep up on my former military training and get new ideas and tips on prepping. Will keep you guys in the loop as to the outcome of the meet.

Meet turned out much better than expected...no racist/anti-government/criminal agendas. Obviously they are all pretty Right-Wing, but they are also pro-LEO/Military as well. The meeting I attended was a monthly scheduled meeting, open to any member of the public in an effort to educate the public and recruit prospective members. They "feel people out" and even card checked me (they asked for a Concealed Carry Permit) to make sure I wasn't a felon. I asked so many loaded questions to try to get them to see where they stood or what was behind their political correct curtain to no avail...

My first thought? They're Preppers on Steroids. That's it. They're also pro-anonymities and very straight forward with not wanting anything to do with any criminal acts or anyone that will put a limelight on their organization.

I also attended a training session with them this morning...it was on first aid. It was very rudimentary and basic. Sadly, I was disappointed in that aspect. However, they did bring out a bunch of their equipment to show what they've been using and recommend. They're pushing everyone to get CERT qualified and they communicate a lot of their training and events with the Benton County Sherriff...who apparently is very pro-Militia.

Meet turned out much better than expected...no racist/anti-government/criminal agendas. Obviously they are all pretty Right-Wing, but they are also pro-LEO/Military as well. The meeting I attended was a monthly scheduled meeting, open to any member of the public in an effort to educate the public and recruit prospective members. They "feel people out" and even card checked me (they asked for a Concealed Carry Permit) to make sure I wasn't a felon. I asked so many loaded questions to try to get them to see where they stood or what was behind their political correct curtain to no avail...

My first thought? They're Preppers on Steroids. That's it. They're also pro-anonymities and very straight forward with not wanting anything to do with any criminal acts or anyone that will put a limelight on their organization.

I also attended a training session with them this morning...it was on first aid. It was very rudimentary and basic. Sadly, I was disappointed in that aspect. However, they did bring out a bunch of their equipment to show what they've been using and recommend. They're pushing everyone to get CERT qualified and they communicate a lot of their training and events with the Benton County Sherriff...who apparently is very pro-Militia.

I wonder if there is a Linn County Militia or something close to the same?

First All I am all for Citizen Malitia

But be advised that the gooberment and other organization some friendly and some unfriendly will put plants on these organization to try and find dirt on them and those associating with them, not say ing not the attend join or participate.

Some of the plants will try to find out what you have so that they will know who has what in shtf, or someone to accuse of something in case they get the t!t in a ringer adn need to accuse someone of something to clear themselves. This is not true with malitia organizations it is true in prepper communities and other things.

Just trying to say a little paranoia when it comes these things is not a bad thing.

But be advised that the gooberment and other organization some friendly and some unfriendly will put plants on these organization to try and find dirt on them and those associating with them, not say ing not the attend join or participate.

Some of the plants will try to find out what you have so that they will know who has what in shtf, or someone to accuse of something in case they get the t!t in a ringer adn need to accuse someone of something to clear themselves. This is not true with malitia organizations it is true in prepper communities and other things.

Just trying to say a little paranoia when it comes these things is not a bad thing.

Good point, I completely agree!

Trust me, I'm paranoid. I've parked away from the meets and walked in...kept my name to RIOT and wore a face mask when outdoors (during the First Aid Training). One did get my number, but without a warrant all it traces back to is a "Yakima, WA" and that it is a cell phone. I even gave them an email that is under a completely different name and I only use it to set up CRAIGSLIST meets to sell or buy crap.

Even checked for a GPS tracker on the car and made sure I wasn't followed. I'm not so much worried about the plant as I am some nut that joins then does something illegal and it gets public...

"Local Militia Makes Pipebomb"

Then an investigation gets slammed on them and my name gets tossed in with the rest. Big no-no in my book.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like CERT with guns.

Anytime...and yes, that is my take on it as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top