JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, if you know your stuff, but it would be kind of hard building clientele base unless you were attached to a reputable outfit.

Fly by night internet instructors are a dime a dozen.

yah, thats what i thought.
1st Cav Div.
2nd Ranger bat
160th SOAR
111th ASOS us air force TACP....
....real cred. I BY NO MEANShave any intentions of teaching any civilian anything, was just curious.

On the other hand, I would rather walk no other land on the planet knowing that we have so many well trained and talented patriots right here amongst us.
Thank you for your excellent service to our country.
Keep looking. There has to be some way for you to put your skills and training to use and make some $$.

thanks cigars, i appreciate it. I have a great job with a union here. Like i said i was just curious if it was a "marketable skill"...my wife says i"m useless day to day, but if the SHTF there would def be a job opening for guys like me. hahaha. god bless the USA. That really means something strong.

YES! thank you for your service sir!..
.....whats funny about the 1st cav........people talk so much trash about the cav when we are in garrison, but when that division get deployed.....countrys get destroyed. nobody wants a brigade of M1 Abrams or a battalion of mortar men 11c's or apache gunships on their soil. the conventional army a tough son of a gun!......see reference to WWII for all you doubters:)

I have 11 years of military expertise, training and real world experience in these fields. would somebody be willing to pay for my instruction? just curious.

Have you checked these guys out?
Concealed Handgun License Carry Permit Class, Self Defense And Firearms Training - 540 Tactical Solutions - Portland, Or

If you called Tri County Gun Club at 503-625-7318 and spoke with Rusty Jobe or Brett Matthews, you can likely find out who to contact in that group.
<broken link removed>

Would any civilians be interested in learning what you know? Yes, I would, and my son would too. I was a gunner on an M60 tank during the last century, and things have changed a little bit. I saw a slow old fart working through a drill on one of their picture adds and I'm thinking maybe I can hack it, too. May be a testosterone over-balance, too, so we'll see.

You know the more basic the more possible customers. Many people don't mind expertise, but many experts don't like expertise or are really picky about it. In other words more novice oriented may draw people with little or none
there are many out there but not as many with patience it takes to train novice. Just my two cents.

Have you checked these guys out?
Concealed Handgun License Carry Permit Class, Self Defense And Firearms Training - 540 Tactical Solutions - Portland, Or

If you called Tri County Gun Club at 503-625-7318 and spoke with Rusty Jobe or Brett Matthews, you can likely find out who to contact in that group.
<broken link removed>

Would any civilians be interested in learning what you know? Yes, I would, and my son would too. I was a gunner on an M60 tank during the last century, and things have changed a little bit. I saw a slow old fart working through a drill on one of their picture adds and I'm thinking maybe I can hack it, too. May be a testosterone over-balance, too, so we'll see.

James Holman and the 540 crew are a solid group.

Red Frog Team are very approachable. You can contact them via the link above.

Skills, yes. Marketable, perhaps. If you suck as a teacher/trainer, or are good at it but don't have the patience for the trainees, it turns into a dead end, really fast. Ask around, and if you can, dip your toe into the water to see if it's to your liking.

As far as your wife saying you're useless, that's Pandora's Box. If you weren't writing it in humor, I'd suggest you address it or it becomes a cancer.

thanks guys for all the input, you are very helpful and insightful. I wish, and I would want to teach what i have learned and experienced,.... but I am VERY hesitant. I guess as it should be. Its hard to hold a skill set and keep it all to yourself...its like knowing where a pot of gold is and not telling the leprechaun. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top