MEDIC and SNIPING.....

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by bobdog308, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Everyone is after me lucky charms!! :D

Capn Jack, DuneHopper and SKrueger like this.
  2. TeacherSmurf

TeacherSmurf
    S. Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Have you thought about going at it the other way, and encouraging teens to find their own pot of gold?

I have had my dad (30 yrs Air National Guard + a bunch of other service organizations) come in to talk to my geography classes for the past few years. Not only has he opened their eye to his experiences traveling around the world, but he has also shown them even if you are from a small town you can go on to do important things.

On the plus side, you can practice teaching on teens and see if you really like it.

3. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

They’re magically delicious....big boy.

Stomper likes this.
  4. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Bronze Supporter

One thing to keep in mind about military training and the way we did things when in the service...Is that it may not be applicable or the best way to do a similar action outside of the military or in a combat zone.

For instance , how we were taught to clear and secure a room or house in the Army , may not be the best way to do that in your neighborhood...:eek::D

Be sure to "tailor" any instructions or techniques to the person being taught , to fit their needs and situation.
    Andy

Heywood, rcnpthfndr, bbbass and 7 others like this.
  5. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Dysfunction
    Turlututu chapeau pointu Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

We live in a society that used to train its people, and wanted people to share their knowledge. My experience in Industry, employees are expected to show up knowing exactly what to do, and few of them actually do. I think some of the greatest giving an individual can do is to share their knowledge, teach others to do and improve upon what they know, and hopefully mentor and imbue students with skills that surpass the teacher's.
    Just my opinion here, to be incredibly talented is a gift from God, to be able to share and teach that Talent is an even greater gift.

6. SKrueger

SKrueger
    West Coast
    Moderator Staff Member Diamond Supporter Gold Supporter 2017 Volunteer

In my experience employees suck and are usually a bunch of lazy, :rolleyes::oops::oops: Never mind you already know.

bbbass likes this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Hand me that room-broom and a frag, zippy! We’re cleanin’ house!! ;)

:D

bbbass, maddog, Taco_lean and 2 others like this.
  8. RVTECH

RVTECH
    Wickiup Junction

This is very true - I have a monthly seminar I put on for customers at work (utilizing my education and experience) and patience and empathy is paramount! I have a unique way of making myself a part of the class, imparting myself as one of the attendees in a sense and injecting humor from many of my own experiences but it still takes patience and the ability to listen - especially when some of the simplest and most basic questions are asked.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  9. Taco_lean

Taco_lean
    SW WA
    Well-Known Member 2018 Volunteer

I think you should try. Teaching is one of the most rewarding things possible, however it is also very difficult.

I tutored math and physics in college, and it is more exhausting than working out.

bbbass and SKrueger like this.
  10. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Dysfunction
    Turlututu chapeau pointu Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Yeah, no need to remind me to never work for you again! :D

bbbass and SKrueger like this.
  11. Overwatch

Overwatch
    Puerto Rico

Red frog is legit.

12. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I would think that would be your biggest audience.

Thank you for your service. Coming from a civilian......

rcnpthfndr likes this.
  13. Overwatch

Overwatch
    Puerto Rico

Imo, the best way to learn the long range game on the civi side is to go enter some PRS comps.

The classes I have seen and taken range from $300 to $1500.

If the student has good fundamentals, a decent rifle and glass, then the rest is just gathering dope.

Fieldcraft is really just knowing and applying methods to mitigate the 5Ss and what size of Depends diaper fits yer tail.

rcnpthfndr likes this.
  14. rcnpthfndr

rcnpthfndr
    E. Washington

I would agree Kruel j and Overwatch. its not the mil guys who attend this training. well if they were combat arms that is. As they would have had their fill of it by now. The civilian sector is where the money is at. Your primary customer is the rich guy who fantasizes of being a Tier 1 operator door kicker who can make the Coriolis effect submit to his will when he thinks of shooting long range or the Black ops/ call to duty kid. you get the meaning.
    its a great idea and I wont argue that.
    Right now its like offering a forged AR lower in a market swamped with low cost lowers. You have to stand out, stand above and show value in the product you are offering and why I should spend my money with you.
    I have taken some great classes in my former .mil life and as a civilian. In some cases I took the training because of the instructor and paid a lot more than a similar course elsewhere.

Overwatch and spookshack like this.
  15. Overwatch

Overwatch
    Puerto Rico

Yup, need a curriculum and a resume that stands out from the rest. That way you can attract the Gucci crew of doctors and dentists wearin Crye.

With respect to med, a good developed TC3 course and certs would also be beneficial.

16. rcnpthfndr

rcnpthfndr
    E. Washington

An idea maybe even more a proof of concept idea.
    if you want to give it a try develop a course of fire or TC3 course as said above in respect to what you want the focus to be. post up a new thread and invite "X" numbers of guys to test out your class, get feedback and refine and do it again. You provide the expertise and what they are shooting at, they provide the rest.
    or
    you can look for work with one of the many reputable companies in the PNW learn the basics and branch out from there.

don't get disheartened. come up with what you want to focus on. develop solid courses of fire or period of instruction per task. run it by some of the guys/gals on here or another source that understands what it is you are teaching. if you have never instructed before you will understand how difficult and exhausting it can be in short order. rehearse, rehearse, refine and rehearse some more.

17. Overwatch

Overwatch
    Puerto Rico

Also, take a few classes from other reputable instructors to get an idea what the market is like. Its an eye opening experience. There will be times when the class knowledge will outpace your own.

18. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why not, plenty do? Who do you expect to train, where's your market?