JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was ready to support OFF financially. Until I disagreed with one of their admins on a FB group directly tied to them.
I was booted+blocked from every FB group that had ties with OFF for having an opinion that was in conflict with them.

That's the problem with the 2A community. Very similar to libs/leftists/gun grabbers. You either fall in direct line with their thinking/opinion or your out.

Difference of opinion generates ideas and healthy discussion. Apparently that's not wanted within the OFF organization or its circle.
Which is a shame.
It's critical to attract and retain as many 2A supporters as possible. New, old, experienced through novice folks.
Without that our rights are doomed and no amount of money, court cases, lobbying, PAC's, or plain old jaw jacking will prevent the loss of our rights.
Do you need a tissue?

Better meds?

Can you tell us where they touched you?

Listening to today's hearing. Did the defendant's attorney state that there hasn't been issues with delayed background checks until 114 passed? If so, I'm wondering if it's too late to submit statements to the court with examples of delays preceding the passing of the measure

Is someone touchin people for free just askin for a friend !
1671844179867.png

How the heck are you all missing the part that THEY BANNED HIM for disagreeing with them?!?!? Like literally OFF and the related FB pages did exactly what you are mocking BBQ Guy for

Hand to god we are our own worst enemy

How the heck are you all missing the part that THEY BANNED HIM for disagreeing with them?!?!? Like literally OFF and the related FB pages did exactly what you are mocking BBQ Guy for

Hand to god we are our own worst enemy

That is the most frustrating part.
I've watched that statement play out, many times over. Every. Single. Time.
I don't expect everyone to agree, that just isn't feasible. But to ban and block from every channel on a social media platform that is used to disseminate information to its supporters, seems a bit twattish.

I won't support that.
I shared it here to a a group of folks that like to be informed so they can make their own minds up.
I didn't call for any action to be taken against OFF.
We should all be united in our fight against the grabbers. It should be the one thing we all agree on. As with all things in life we have opinions on how we go about doing that.

OMG, quick. Everybody boycott the group fighting for our constitutionally protected rights because they hurt bbq guys feelings. 🙄
SPOT ON! THAT NEEDED TO BE SAID. OFF IS DOING GREAT LIFE TIME WORK REGARDLESS OF YOUR AGREEMENTS OR DISAGREEMENTS. EVERYONE SHOULD JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON OF THOSE FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHTS. PLEASE NO BODY SHOULD BE INTERFERING WITH OFF'S FORWARD ENERGY BUT SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE TO THE END.

I was ready to support OFF financially. Until I disagreed with one of their admins on a FB group directly tied to them.
I was booted+blocked from every FB group that had ties with OFF for having an opinion that was in conflict with them.

Please remember that OFF is more like a singularly focused special interest/activist group. They aren't a forum or a discussion group.

Much like volunteers working for a political candidate, any criticism of the candidate among the rank and file will likely see your services no longer desired.... so is OFF... by all appearances.

In OFF's case, I'm not saying I fully agree or that I haven't noticed they can sometimes be rather unprofessional, but I can appreciate their perspective and desire to not expend time and resources weeding through who is of like mind and who is not... and just trying to sew division within the cause. Trolls happen!

It can't be ignored that they are working on our behalf, and as such, deserve some measured support. Personally, I don't think they have the legs to effectively fight "to the last" in court, but what they are doing still has value and I'm sure they are collaborating with the big guys and providing invaluable information specific to OR that the others are using to strengthen their own efforts.

As such, I make my donations accordinly. They are our only grassroots organization and they still got a little something from me. The bulk majority isn't flowing in their direction though.

** Even though I don't agree with everythig they are doing that doesn't mean I feel any need or personal responsability to join their communication circles and let them know where, I think, they are screwing the pooch.

All just my own opinions. ;)

Is any of this legal back and forth keeping criminals from acquiring guns or using guns to commit crimes?

...oh....that's right.....none of this was aimed at criminals.

Never mind.....carry on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top