JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Haven't heard anything about it in the news lately. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.

I do know that there were two confirmed cases here in Whitman county that are being kept secret from the public so as to not create a panic. They swear that they were able to quarantine them before any one was exposed, so they feel keeping it from the public is warranted.

Last I heard the number was in the mid to high 40s.
It died out in the news.
Probably because it was dumb hippie who chose not to vaccinate their kids.

There wasn't mass deaths, Or blood and carnage so they moved back to Trump colluding with aliens, and Pelosi's golden snatch

Last I heard the number was in the mid to high 40s.
It died out in the news.
Probably because it was dumb liberal hippies who chose not to vaccinate their kids.

There wasn't mass deaths, Or blood and carnage so they moved back to Trump colluding with aliens, and Pelosi's golden snatch
You forgot to mention religious nut cases, whom nobody cares about so long as they keep to themselves.

Last I heard was kids of anti-vaccers were forging signatures of their parents to sneakily get vaccinated.

Probably not a huge issue because most people are vaccinated.

No idea if I'm vaccinated or not. I'm 50, so I assume so. Plus, I was in the Navy and the Army, so I got plenty of shots. Before I was sent overseas, I remember I had to get 17 shots.

I had measles, chickenpox, mumps, etc. growing up. My mom's attitude was 'if I have to contend with one sick kid, I want all four boys to go through it together.' She didn't put up with whining either. When we got on her nerves, we were all ordered outside with the admonition to 'go outside and get the stink off ya.'

I saw a bunch of news about it in Washington state, then not much else. Everyone in this household, including wee ones, are current on their vaccines. With the children, my wife has a little book that records the immunizations, so it is easy to keep track.

Folks have forgotten just how serious measles is. Prior to mainstream vaccination in the 50's between 500 and 1,000 children died each year in the U.S. alone. A full blown case makes the victim very sick, upwards of 10-15 days. Think a serious case of the flu (real flu which puts you down for 7-10 days minimum) and then add too it. That's what measles can do to you.

Clark Washington and areas of PDX only have 65 - 80% immunization which is far below the 97% necessary for "herd immunity". Herd immunity is where the disease never shows up because too many in the population are immune, so it never has a chance to get a foothold.

The amazing thing to me is the zealousness of the anti-vac'ers. They all look to a single study that connected the vaccine to autism. The study was published in a mainstream medical journal but they failed to do the normal due diligence before publication. The study has been totally repudiated, the journal retracted its support and the main players in the study were JAILED for fraud. The whole study was made up and there has been ZERO other studies that could replicate the data. No surprise since it was bogus. Researchers are rarely prosecuted and jailed for fraudulent studies, this shows how crazy this situation was.

If the typical anti-vacer really understood how serious the measles can be and compared it to the (bogus) risk of autism they perceive from the vaccine they would opt to be vaccinated. There is a strong parallel here between gun rights. So many otherwise intelligent folks are okay with stripping gun rights … because of bogus, incoherent understandings of what they think is reality regarding firearm ownership.

Sigh ...

Last Edited:
I had measles, chickenpox, mumps, etc. growing up. My mom's attitude was 'if I have to contend with one sick kid, I want all four boys to go through it together.' She didn't put up with whining either. When we got on her nerves, we were all ordered outside with the admonition to 'go outside and get the stink off ya.'
That's like a primitive form of vaccinating people... your mom was a badarse!

I saw a bunch of news about it in Washington state, then not much else. ...

The Governor declared a state of emergency for Clark County. That put into play a lot of things. For instance, any school that had a documented case or potential exposure canceled face-to-face classes and when essentially "online" for a minimum of 14 days after the case/exposure. It was not too difficult for our household as our kids are in a hybrid program the splits classroom learning with home learning. Since they only attend class two days per week and then do homeschool the rest there is already in place a robust "online" component for class plans, learning, homework etc. These kids already interact electronically with the school every day in one form aor another.

I feel sorry for the kids (and teachers) who do not already have this in place. It was a burden for us … how much more for those who do not have these tools available.

gzbti.jpg

Yeah, let's give Hollyweird bimbo Jenny McCarthy all the credit she deserves. She knows more about infectious diseases than the people go actually study and work on infectious diseases.

Born in '55. I had measles, both rubella (german) and red. Scarlet fever and chicken pox. Never had mumps.

I got the measles, felt bad for a week and got better.
If you had red measles that fever you had would have caused you to miss 3-5 days completely! Or maybe that was the scarlet fever? I still remember not remembering any thing but dragging my sick self to the bathroom to pee and barely being able to make it back to bed I was so tired. Guessing I might have been 7-10

Vaccinations should be a must these days. Seem like mankind is breeding weaker and weaker stock all the time. I have to wonder if dealing with these diseases made for overall stronger beings. Mankind trying to eliminate germs from every day life of their children might make them weaker beings in the long run. And those children may breed weaker beings. I know we are certainly teaching children and adults that if they're unhappy about something they get to have a dog/animal that's allowed to go everywhere with them, to keep them calm. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top