JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

The four states with the highest number of reported infections are Oregon, 71; Utah, 61; California, 49 and Montana, 33.

The onions were distributed in 5 lbs. carton. 10 lbs. carton. 25 lbs. carton. 40 lbs. carton, 50 lbs. carton. bulk, 2 lb. mesh sacks, and 3 lb. mesh sacks, 5 lb. mesh sacks, 10 lb. mesh sacks 25 lbs. mesh sacks, 50 lbs. mesh sacks under the brand names Thomson Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley's Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.

How To Make A Chlorine Bleach & Water Solution To Sanitize Raw Fruits And Vegetables
  • 2 teaspoons Regular Bleach (8.25% sodium hypochlorite)
  • 1 Gallon of clean water. This will result in a 200 ppm (parts per million) chlorine solution. Let fruit or vegetables stand in solution for at least one minute.

How To Make A Chlorine Bleach & Water Solution To Sanitize Raw Fruits And Vegetables
  • 2 teaspoons Regular Bleach (8.25% sodium hypochlorite)
  • 1 Gallon of clean water. This will result in a 200 ppm (parts per million) chlorine solution. Let fruit or vegetables stand in solution for at least one minute.

3 parts water, one part vinegar

Good thing I'm not a fan of raw onions, but I do cook with them.

I am the opposite - don't like them cooked, prefer raw. I just had two slices of raw onion on my tuner fish sandwich.

I am not sure, but I doubt a person could get salmonella from an raw whole onion after peeling the outside layers and washing it. Either way, my onions were not part of the recall.

I am not sure, but I doubt a person could get salmonella from an raw whole onion after peeling the outside layers and washing it.

Pretty sure you're right. I rinse all produce when using it. Not just to get off whatever was in the field, but also to get off whatever is on all the grimy mitts of the shoppers touching and feeling everything at the market.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top