JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, but the guy in this video is an ***...

He's not looking to do anything but get attention. Why else would he videotape and post it on YouTube? None of his rights were violated, so why post the video? All the officers said was that with the school shootings, people are a bit nervous. He says it's trying to normalize it. That's kind of like teaching them to swim by dropping them in the middle of a lake. It might work, but more than likely is going to cause more problems than it will solve.

I find this guy to be more of a instigator then anything else, he really had no reason other then to "prove his point" walking around. I lived there for a few years and at that time it was a quiet town (and I'm sure it may still be). People like him give the ones that want to back up the rights to carry a bad name and needs to have a more an open mind then being one sided. Humility seems to be something lacking in this guy and I for one being a previous "Mac Town" resident apologize to all that find this offensive. Officers... well done!

I dont find anything wrong with this video. While I personally would have not carried an AR, I would have carried my sidearm of choice. Which unfortunately would have still provoked police contact. BTW, Go Pro cameras are awesome.....Just sayn....

Please tell me what the big deal is, if it is legal to open carry, why are so many so freakin out when people do it? I'm not sayin flaunting an AR like this arrogant *** did but for someone to open carry a sidearm.

What the turkey is doing in this video strikes me as similar to the hippies back in the 60's who played the national anthem when military recruiters were on campus. Real turkey's in my opinion.

I think it needs to be widely known that this is lawful. Anyone slamming him is on the wrong side.

I will slam him. He is stupid and obviously selfish. Sandy Hook, Denver, Trayvon whatzhisname, and Clackamas Town-center, have left people paranoid and made gun control legislation a priority.
Only an ignoramus would stroll down a city street with a rifle and a camera.
And, I have been an active member of the NRA since 1979 and SAF since its inception, and support both financially well beyond membership fees or dues. I am not "on the wrong side." whatever that means.
Just because there is no law prohibiting something does not mean it is the right thing to do, and right now, in this liberal state, doing what this sh_thead did is asinine.

I will slam him. He is stupid and obviously selfish. Sandy Hook, Denver, Trayvon whatzhisname, and Clackamas Town-center, have left people paranoid and made gun control legislation a priority.
Only an ignoramus would stroll down a city street with a rifle and a camera.
And, I have been an active member of the NRA since 1979 and SAF since its inception, and support both financially well beyond membership fees or dues. I am not "on the wrong side." whatever that means.
Just because there is no law prohibiting something does not mean it is the right thing to do, and right now, in this liberal state, doing what this sh_thead did is asinine.

You want my honest opinion? If youve been an active member of the NRA since 1979, then youre the problem. Why didnt you stick up for our rights then? Oh thats because the rights they were taking away from YOU didnt apply at that time. How did it get to this point? Well from people not exercising their rights. If youre gonna be one to call the cops when someone does something LEGAL just because you dont agree with it, well then you deserve to have your rights taken. Which it seems your ok with. Thats the problem with people like you, dont want to follow the law, only popular opinion of the time.....

I make a point not to have to talk to police, not to have a reason to chat with them ever. I will never call 911 for police. I avoid them like I would a rattlesnake on a walking path; wide berth.

That said, if I had to go through the unpleasant experience I would like it to be with a reasonable cop like this one. Most are way beneath this guy's level of professionalism.

I make a point not to have to talk to police, not to have a reason to chat with them ever. I will never call 911 for police. I avoid them like I would a rattlesnake on a walking path; wide berth.

So would you open carry so as not to draw attention to yourself but to exercise one of your constitutional rights? And at the same time draw attention whether wanted or not just because it was legal?

This guy carrying an AR-15 openly on the street is not helping us gun owners. Even though it's legal it makes the public nervous seeing it - especially after the recent mass shootings. If he had been open carrying a holstered pistol it's likely that no one would have called 911.
And kudos to both of the cops.

He didn't do anything wrong, and neither did the officers. Being a LEO is tough enough let along keeping your cool under those circumstances. Cheers to both of them and cheers to the guy with the nutz to open carry an AR. Now me, on the other hand....I wouldn't carry my AR in public like that let alone video tape myself.

So would you open carry so as not to draw attention to yourself but to exercise one of your constitutional rights? And at the same time draw attention whether wanted or not just because it was legal?

I would not open carry, specific to this example, only because I know we don't really have rights. We have liberties/permissions. Permissions that will be taken away at some point. The Constitution and Bill of Rights have already been hacked to bits.

The American populace already voted with their apathy. They are all for tyranny and no 'rights' in exchange for false safety. Perhaps you didn't get that memo.

"Testing" cops now is like going to the zoo and poking a stick at a deranged chimpanzee through the bars. Yes, you may get away with it now, but someday in the not to distance future that chimp will be turned loose on you to rip you to shreds when the fake veneer of 'rights' is no longer there. When I see someone putting on a show like this with a camera I always think "enjoy it pal, because it ain't gonna last."

We are only a few more false flags away from the 2A being a distant, fond memory.

What people are not aware of already is that here in wonderful Portland Oregon, according to DHS guidelines, we are already living in a Constitution-free zone.

<broken link removed>

This is why people like me, who support his (and my) rights, call this a**clown a detriment.

Look you jack*ss, when you carry around a loaded Ar or AK, the only people who DON'T get concerned, are people in the gun rights community, who immediately know you're just abother of "those idiots," who are going to hurt our image in the greater community.

You aren't going to "NORMALIZE" the carrying of an AR or AK on a chest rig. That's not a self-defense rig that any not crazy person is going to carry in their normal day-to-day activity. It's a bubblegumTY choice BTW, for almost any ACTUAL encounter with a criminal you might have. Matter of fact, I would bet that me, a 50-year-old out of shape dude who's actually BEEN in the military and KNOWS how to make a rifle ineffective at melee range, could take that rifle away from you or do something horrible with it pretty easily.

This is attention whoring while CLAIMING to do something about rights.

This doesn't help us. It hurts us. It makes us all look like loons or fools or (much worse) dangerous crazy people. Clowns like you are what got California it's recent ban on UNLOADED guns. And no, the people who call the cops aren't wrong.

*I* would confront you face-to-face and call you out on your a$$hattery. Given another 10 years of age or so, and *I* would call the cops to do the same.

STOP THIS STUPIDITY. You are scaring the bejesus out of people with ZERO positive effect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top