JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

Will be heading down to my hometown Eugene this weekend and thought I should visit my old shooting areas that I went to as a kid.

Is McGowan creek area still open to recreational shooting? Last time I drove up there a few years ago, I noticed a couple "safety" zones with no shooting signs posted.

I assume any other non-marked area is OK? I plan to drive past the Emerald Gun club and go up McGowan creek road a few miles and find a spot. Will bring extra garbage bags and clean up my own trash and any other trash I find...maybe I can get a Bronze Membership????

Thanks!

They put signs up but they don't usually bother you unless they are actively logging that area. I was there shooting two or three weeks ago, It was friday night though, If someone gives you any trouble just head over to shotgun creek.

Thanks. I will head up there and just avoid the no shooting zones. If they are logging, I will wander up to Shotgun creek, I assume Shotgun Creek is good to go!?!
They put signs up but they don't usually bother you unless they are actively logging that area. I was there shooting two or three weeks ago, It was friday night though, If someone gives you any trouble just head over to shotgun creek.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top