Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

McGowan Creek Area

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by cpy911, Jan 29, 2013.

1. cpy911

cpy911 Newberg Active Member

Hi,

Will be heading down to my hometown Eugene this weekend and thought I should visit my old shooting areas that I went to as a kid.

Is McGowan creek area still open to recreational shooting? Last time I drove up there a few years ago, I noticed a couple "safety" zones with no shooting signs posted.

I assume any other non-marked area is OK? I plan to drive past the Emerald Gun club and go up McGowan creek road a few miles and find a spot. Will bring extra garbage bags and clean up my own trash and any other trash I find...maybe I can get a Bronze Membership????

Thanks!

2. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

They put signs up but they don't usually bother you unless they are actively logging that area. I was there shooting two or three weeks ago, It was friday night though, If someone gives you any trouble just head over to shotgun creek.

3. cpy911

Thanks. I will head up there and just avoid the no shooting zones. If they are logging, I will wander up to Shotgun creek, I assume Shotgun Creek is good to go!?!

4. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

Shotgun is good to go.

5. cpy911

OREGON FALER, PM sent to you....