JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I need now is a Muzzle Brake, Laser and a 30 rnd match holder...:eek::eek::eek:

Tactical+assault+matchlock+do+you+even+operate+oniichan_a2f59a_6018154.jpg

You've done a Truly Outstanding Job of Creating a of Recreating a Wonderful Old Timey Musket and it can only be Improved upon by some Really Nice Stock work! :):):)

Thanks KKG, but i'm just fumbling my way along, mostly using whatever materials I find in my shop. All of the hardware except the barrel is aluminum, (it's what I had) and I'm afraid my wood work would give a termite indigestion.:eek:
For an, "AR person", it does represent an extreme swing to the other end of the spectrum. I think the challenge is what's keeping me going. I want to see the bloody thing work.:p

I couldn't agree more you've really outdone yourself. Just wondering what the total cost was but if you don't want to tell it's alright.

Now for the Smoke Test!!! :):):)

Good luck with that!!!:):):)

$30.00 for the barrel from Numrich Arms, $60.00 for the wood and about $20.00 for miscellaneous hardware.
The bits and pieces of aluminum were from other projects and the scrap box.:)
Other than that, the rest was grief and potty mouth fines.:rolleyes:

Smoke test when I can find a place. Hate to drive 50+ miles over to Green's, but may have to.:(

Here it is and it works!!! Who says I flinched?:D
My first off hand, 15 yard "Group." 50gr. of FFG.:(
Ctr.>Ctr., about 12":p
If it had been an elephant....I would have probably gotten stepped on.:eek:
First test-2.jpg
Wah !!! It sure gets dirty in a hurry.:rolleyes:
First test-1.jpg

Andy,
First thing I noticed was the rear sight notch is way, too wide.:(
If I narrow the notch on the right side, it should be the same as moving the
sight and the strike of the bullet to the left. Or, am I backwards on that. o_O

OK. then, narrowing the notch on the left is the same as moving the sight right.:rolleyes:
3 out of four of the hits were on the right side of the target. I hate to think of unsoldering
the sight and moving it, but I may have to if just narrowing it doesn't work.:(

Time to go clean up the mess.:confused:

WAY TOO COOL!
It's fun projects like this that are the most fun to do, and seeing the results of a plan come together is awesome!

AND, you made it all by your onesome, that's serious braggin rights right there!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top