JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...Are what these shooters are using. Note that the long arms are not held against the shoulder but are held against the cheek. This ain't no Rendezvous but I hope that some of you will like it.

I wonder how well that works loaded with a heavy round ball, seems like the kick would be quite stout without a shoulder stock.

Perhaps not as bad as you might think, after all the style remained unchanged for 300 years. I have a TAC-14 that I re-barreled with slug sights that I routinely hold against my cheek.
I did some reading afterwards and it seems that these weren't particularly large bore weapons, at least compared to their European counterparts (I wasn't able to find any bore measurements), so it probably wasn't as bad as I was thinking. I also found out that the reason for the cheek stock is because they were replicating the mechanics of a bow and it allowed them to more easily shoot down over castle walls.

m%2Fpublic%2Fuploads%2Fphotos%2F7122651%2Fimgres-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads