JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Corporal Al Schermerhorn is at it again! He's organizing this cleanup. I attended the last one, 2015, and it was good! Real good. They had so many prizes to give away! Including Tannerite (not to be used on public land)!

The Benton County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Land Management, and the United States Forest Service are sponsoring a Clean-Up Day at a popular shooting site on Marys Peak on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 9am – 2pm.
Benton County Sheriff.jpg

Volunteers are welcome and needed for the event. Interested individuals should come to the Rock Quarry on Marys Peak Road at Mile Post Four. Volunteers are asked to bring a pair of gloves. Everything else will be supplied.
USFS Logo.jpg Bureau_Land_Mgmt115.jpg

Door prizes have been donated by several local businesses who are supporting this effort. Door Prizes donated by:
Mel's Barber Shop, Bad Dog, Corvallis Guns, Timber Supply,
Philomath Gun Shop, Clip Joint Barber Shop
ProPrint, Heresco Chiropractic
After 2.jpg

"People have been shooting up at the rock quarry for years but have left behind a lot of trash. We hope to get a good turnout of volunteers to help clean up this area so it can continue to be enjoyed by recreational shooters," says Corporal Al Schermerhorn, Forest Deputy for the Benton County Sheriff's Office.
2 Wheels 2.jpg

Cog Boys.jpg

After 1.jpg

Post if you can make it!

Here's the Dropbox link to the PDF flier: Dropbox - BCSO M cleanup-2017-06.pdf

I'll be there! I've been waiting for something like this to pop up since I moved here. Always good to help in the community.

Plus tannerite, that's pretty great.

I'll be there! I've been waiting for something like this to pop up since I moved here. Always good to help in the community.

Plus tannerite, that's pretty great.
Yeah Tanneries. From a Sheriff Deputy, no less!

That was 2 years ago and don't know what he has for this one.

Going to try and make it. Too many graduation parties for nieces and nephews. The wife and I did a number on the shooting area on Forest Road. 12-7-30 today which is up the Marys Peak road further. 9 bags plus a pile of stuff. Should have got some before photos. Them dang shot gun shells seem to multiply even after you pick them up. There is a small pile of brass that we left in the middle of the flat area also.

20170603_114527.jpg 20170603_114533.jpg 20170603_114552.jpg

We (North Santiam Paving INC) just finished Paving the road from the bottom of the hill on the west side to just past the Marys Peak turn off on the East side today (4 days of paving for me 11.75 hrs 9 hrs and 2) 12 hour days). So you should have a nice drive if your coming from Alsea.

We came from Albany but your work is much appreciated for those hunting, fishing and swimming trips. There were so many trucks my wife said it looked like an assembly line.:)

Rem, did you contact Corporal Al? Was wondering if he needs any help with any of the logistics. Also wondering if they are going to do a lunch or bring your own?

Posting the couple of pictures that I took Saturday at the clean up. A lot of hard work by everyone. Weather was beautiful, food was great and a lot of trash picked up. Raffle prizes were an extra bonus. Met a bunch of new great people. It was great to see all the reps from the different gov. agencies. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Also big Thanks to Al for organizing this event.

20170617_121839.jpg 20170617_121830.jpg 20170617_121825.jpg 20170617_121833.jpg 20170617_121854.jpg

Great Fathers day weekend. Hope all the fathers out there had a great one also. On a side note listening to a lot of the people I think I'm the only one without an AR. Might have to fix that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top