JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting take on the selective service and the "undocumented" category of "required registration". Wouldn't count on many, if any, undocumented border crossers to comply. Considering they've already skirted, or violated federal immigration laws, thus making them a criminal.

And for the record, I'm not against immigration to the USA, but it has to be done according to the rules. After all we are a society of rules and laws, without them, all were left with is anarchy.
Are you actually trying to say that someone in a foreign country illegally "wouldn't" follow the law and provide that foreign gooberment with their full name, date of birth and address of where to find them??

C',mon, man! What world do you live in?? 🤣

Maybe if the gooberment threatened to deactivate their free smartphones, evict them from their $300/night hotels rooms and cancel their monthly prepaid credit cards there would be more compliance?

Food for thought.

I think what worries me most isn't the military or even police...it's the people. Inability to get on the same page. We like to think of ourselves gun owners as a cohesive group of people but how many people don't take that same attitude? If S really did HTF, I'm curious how well people would quickly be able to perceive the good in each other and adapt to working together to accomplish what's necessary to reestablish order after a collapse of society. Or how many people even have the same view of what order really is? Yes, maybe I've watched too many post apocalyptic productions but I think sometimes there is some ominous truth to them and many of you might agree. I'd like to think it wasn't true but even good intentioned people can have trouble getting on the same page. It's not like there is some rule book about how to put it all back together and.... even if there was, how many people know or care about all of that? Some men just want to watch the world burn I'm afraid and that could be our biggest problem.

The latest from the draft board, selective service is now requiring ALL males 18 to 25, to register. They now specifically indicate, natural born citizen, naturalized and undocumented.
This isn't new, it goes back to at least 2016, and if I'm reading that correctly this early in the day it goes back to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952

"As of September 2023, the US military consisted of 2.86 million people worldwide.

The military includes 2,079,142 military personnel and 778,539 civilians as of September 2023

Of those military members, the Department of Defense (DoD) listed nearly 1.29 million people as active-duty troops, and 767,238 as national guard/reserves."

As of September 2023, reported active-duty troops included:

453,551 in the Army
332,322 in the Navy
318,698 in the Air Force
172,577 in the Marine Corps
8,879 in the Space Force."

Just by the numbers.

Discharged (veterans)/retired military personnel far outnumber active duty.

And then we have the size of the US.

We couldn't "conquer" Afghanistan within 25 years, a country similar in size to Texas.
You left out the part where the vast majority of those troops are support and logistics folks for the "tip of the spear" combat arms MOS's (which 80-90% of those slots are comprised of white men at any given time).

Don't forget your "special forces" combat sniper cook.
For the OG's ;)

DoorGunner.jpg

The latest from the draft board, selective service is now requiring ALL males 18 to 25, to register. They now specifically indicate, natural born citizen, naturalized and undocumented.
There is nothing new here, this has been in effect for a while. It has nothing to do with the latest wave of illegal immigration.

Good luck getting them to come in and register; there is trouble enough finding and getting them them to immigration hearings.

You read the last one right, With the border open, they may be trying to assemble an Army of non-citizens to combat the citizens.
It might have more to do with the fact that they can't find enough young, white males to do the job now. Especially those who can pass the drug and felony convictions criteria.

It's just my opinion, but service in the US armed forces by qualified immigrants seems like a legitimate pathway to US citizenship. At present, such people must be permanent residents (Green Card) and be fluent in English. The idea of drafting hordes of babbling recent border-crossers doesn't seem in line with this policy.

My biggest worry is Fellow Vets on the other side of the spectrum, Idiots like Evan and Matt from BRCC, ultra lefties who believe in rights for THEM, but not you and I, that's who I worry about. While I know there are very few tier 1 dudes out there in retirement land, and there are far fewer on the left, I still worry about facing off with THOSE dudes the most!

Something else that came to mind mulling this over at the match.
1. Karens. We all saw how a certain subset of folks that had to report their neighbors for any perceived rule breaking to whatever authority for not following the "guidelines" put out by the authorities.

2. Drones. and cameras They used them in several municipalities to keep an eye on the citizens. The surveillance state is has broadened substantially. They wouldn't necessarily need as many troops to enforce martial law. Just send them on call to needed "hot spots"

And as far as military/draft/selective service requirements. All the branches have lowered their standards of what they will accept recently, And are pushing diversity which the military needs cohesion not individuality. A team, a band , brotherhood so to speak. You don't go to the military to start showing off your flare. You wear the same uniform as the guy next to you

2. Drones. and cameras They used them in several municipalities to keep an eye on the citizens. The surveillance state is has broadened substantially. They wouldn't necessarily need as many troops to enforce martial law. Just send them on call to needed "hot spots"
Reading Matt Brakens comments @Ura-Ki posted and this comment kind of brought it to mind that drones can actually be a double edged sword. There are a number of privately owned commercial drones that could be employed on the other side of the equation. Certainly not for the duration and extent that a military grade drone can, but in limited use it could greatly frustrate gooberment efforts to quell organized citizen actions.

I mean... mine is nothing real special but it does have upgraded extended range antennas. Flight times are obviously limited but with close to a 9 mile flight range in a suburban setting... and much greater visual range at altitude, it's proved useful in the past.

Anecdotally. We had once noticed a car break in crew in our area and called it in to police. Putting the drone up I was able to follow their staging vehicle and update the responding officers on it's location, as well as the location of each member of their crew on the streets.

That backfired a little in the respect that since... I've been called by police on 3 different occasions and asked if I was willing to put my drone up when they were responding to activity within range. I don't mind helping out in my community, but....

....what I learned from that was that they themselves (city and state police in our area) have zero drone capabilities.

Short of an actual military presence I can imagine Mr. Brakens scenario of civilians having a very distinct long range surveillance advantage over local law enforcement. IOW, the ability to see them coming, and from which direction to quickly disperse from "hot spots" before a cohesive response could be made.

For that matter. In a time of civil unrest I don't imagine folks would feel entirely obliged to observe the 400ft altitude ceiling. Black out your directional lights and observation ranges could be truly incredible.

I would wonder. Exactly how many privately owned drones are there in the U.S.(?) 🤣

An interesting thought exercise.

A ridiculous amount
I'm getting that. 🤣

According to the FAA there are about 1.1mil registered drones for recreational use and about an additional 1/2 a mil registered for commercial use.

Of course, "hobby" drones (under 250grams) don't have to be registered and another source is citing that approximately 8% of the U.S. population owns a drone. I'm guessing there are a fair number of 250g+ drones that the owners have not seen fit to register as well.

I certainly sounds like that's getting well within the "ridiculous amount" range.:D

And as far as military/draft/selective service requirements. All the branches have lowered their standards of what they will accept recently, And are pushing diversity which the military needs cohesion not individuality. A team, a band , brotherhood so to speak. You don't go to the military to start showing off your flare. You wear the same uniform as the guy next to you
I hear what you are saying and agree to a point.

However...
In the military you also earn awards , medals , qualification badges , tabs and the like....all of which can show off your flare ...
So to speak.
Some folks earn 'em...others don't.

With that said....
My combat ribbons , awards and medals earned though my individual actions weren't done for flare.
And ain't to be taken lightly.
Arguably ....my Air Assault badge...Parachutist Badge / "Jump Wings" and Ranger tab...while earned for many different reasons...
Could have a little "flare" thrown in....:D
Andy

Reading Matt Brakens comments @Ura-Ki posted and this comment kind of brought it to mind that drones can actually be a double edged sword. There are a number of privately owned commercial drones that could be employed on the other side of the equation. Certainly not for the duration and extent that a military grade drone can, but in limited use it could greatly frustrate gooberment efforts to quell organized citizen actions.

I mean... mine is nothing real special but it does have upgraded extended range antennas. Flight times are obviously limited but with close to a 9 mile flight range in a suburban setting... and much greater visual range at altitude, it's proved useful in the past.

Anecdotally. We had once noticed a car break in crew in our area and called it in to police. Putting the drone up I was able to follow their staging vehicle and update the responding officers on it's location, as well as the location of each member of their crew on the streets.

That backfired a little in the respect that since... I've been called by police on 3 different occasions and asked if I was willing to put my drone up when they were responding to activity within range. I don't mind helping out in my community, but....

....what I learned from that was that they themselves (city and state police in our area) have zero drone capabilities.

Short of an actual military presence I can imagine Mr. Brakens scenario of civilians having a very distinct long range surveillance advantage over local law enforcement. IOW, the ability to see them coming, and from which direction to quickly disperse from "hot spots" before a cohesive response could be made.

For that matter. In a time of civil unrest I don't imagine folks would feel entirely obliged to observe the 400ft altitude ceiling. Black out your directional lights and observation ranges could be truly incredible.

I would wonder. Exactly how many privately owned drones are there in the U.S.(?) 🤣

An interesting thought exercise.
What make/model drone do you own? I've been on the fence regarding getting one for awhile now and I've had a few coworkers who are heavily into drones.

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads