JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's some food for thought. I was reading an interview with a prominent military analyst and how it relates to gun control.

He said that even if the gooberment were to place under their direct control all active and reserve military personnel, as well as all LE personnel of every agency.... and they were all willing to take up arms against U.S. citizens... they would only have the manpower, logistics and equipment to lock down 6 major U.S. cities.

He made two other very interesting projections. 1. A military study done projected that, conservatively, approximately 47% of active military units would be most likely to not only refuse orders for action against citizens, but over 80% of those would most likely actively defend against any such actions. 2. Among LE personnel the percentage was slightly higher at over 65%.

His main point being that projected gooberment power within the U.S. is nothing but an illusion and there should be no wonder why they are so afraid of the general population. They have every reason to be and why there has been such a massive and ongoing push to disarm everyday citizens.

How accurate or not, I dunno, but it does provide some perspective, hu. 6 cities isn't a very large drop in the bucket.

I doubt it would stay 6 for very long, I would think at least one city would see a successful push back from the locals that requires pulling resources from one of the other cities weakening their control in that city, increasing the chance for a resistance group to gain an advantage resulting in continual shifting of resources. If the ability to field ML troops is that low any war of attrition will have outsized results.

Here's some food for thought. I was reading an interview with a prominent military analyst and how it relates to gun control.

He said that even if the gooberment were to place under their direct control all active and reserve military personnel, as well as all LE personnel of every agency.... and they were all willing to take up arms against U.S. citizens... they would only have the manpower, logistics and equipment to lock down 6 major U.S. cities.

He made two other very interesting projections. 1. A military study done projected that, conservatively, approximately 47% of active military units would be most likely to not only refuse orders for action against citizens, but over 80% of those would most likely actively defend against any such actions. 2. Among LE personnel the percentage was slightly higher at over 65%.

His main point being that projected gooberment power within the U.S. is nothing but an illusion and there should be no wonder why they are so afraid of the general population. They have every reason to be and why there has been such a massive and ongoing push to disarm everyday citizens.

How accurate or not, I dunno, but it does provide some perspective, hu. 6 cities isn't a very large drop in the bucket.
After gaining considerable experience in military pacifacation and control of indigenous populations, I would concur with you.

Almost everything today is based on honest people being honest and scofflaws not. The "system" rarely doles out punishment for actually breaking the laws, while targeting people who have wrongthink. I find myself driving speeds I feel comfortable because you have to have an accident for a cop here to stop you. Small potatoes, but once the fear of receiving punishment is gone it's a slippery slope.

In my rural area, most of the LEO's are our neighbors, and I think they would not take up arms against "us" unless you started it. We also have a very conservative, firearm loving sheriff, that has at least voiced opposition to our overlords in the state capital. Would they actively go against the state, IDK, but they wouldn't assist them in something nefarious.

I guess that was the point that analyst was making. They bluster about AR-15's against "their" F-35's, but the reality would more likely be.... our AR-15's and "our" American loyalist F-35's against "their" F-35's. He was also talking about the logistical nightmare it would be for a feeb military, considering that many of the main support and production facilities needed to supply a military body at war reside within regions that are more likely to fall within the borders of American loyalist forces.

If we've learned anything from some of the overseas wars it's that, over the long term, military ROE's make a gooberment military body fairly ineffective against a motivated and well equipped civilian militia.

I guess you kinda have to wonder too... if peace time laws go out the window... how long would it be before privately owned AR-15's and glonks received drop in select fire upgrades and giggle switches.(??) 🤣

Last Edited:
My question is why would the government need to enforce martial law? In some cases I can see some of us reporting for duty at the local law enforcement. I am getting too old to play war games.

We won the War of Independence mostly on gorilla warfare. The war of 1812 was fought more conventionally with the British both on land and at sea, the majority was actually at sea.

If you look at our history of conventional fighting v. gorilla warfare, we don't have a very good track record, and when I say don't have a good track record, we've pretty much failed at life.

The military can take over a government and hold majority over a government, but when people with AKs go against them the from the bushes, there's always more people with AKs in the bushes.

Last Edited:
I don't know about law enforcement agencies but l read somewhere that all branches of our military combined possess about 4.5 million firearms. The civilian population has over 400 million.

I don't know about law enforcement agencies but l read somewhere that all branches of our military combined possess about 4.5 million firearms. The civilian population has over 400 million.
I think the military has much better equipment in most cases. Also guns are only one of the tools the military could use.

There's a saying basically along the lines of, "everyone will be amazed and flabbergasted at how pathetically small and inconsequential The Devil actually is when all things are finally revealed, and will marvel at how such a "small man" rocked and shook the entire world.

In other words, making loud scary noises, using poisonous words, bribery, and fear for manipulation is all "he" really has.

Same as the "small men" in DC wearing wing-tipped shoes.

Last Edited:
Biden brought up the F-16 argument in front of a State Governors meeting, and all the State Governors laughed at Biden, because they all have their own F-16s that they command in their own Air National Guards.

Texas alone has a military that's bigger than most other country's militaries.

Most people don't understand that each State is basically a separate country, with it's own State Constitution, and Texas was actually a separate country before it joined the USA.

For Biden to nationalize all the state's militaries, he has to ask permission to do so, and I can well imagine Texas saying, "No."

"As of September 2023, the US military consisted of 2.86 million people worldwide.

The military includes 2,079,142 military personnel and 778,539 civilians as of September 2023

Of those military members, the Department of Defense (DoD) listed nearly 1.29 million people as active-duty troops, and 767,238 as national guard/reserves."

As of September 2023, reported active-duty troops included:

453,551 in the Army
332,322 in the Navy
318,698 in the Air Force
172,577 in the Marine Corps
8,879 in the Space Force."

Just by the numbers.

Discharged (veterans)/retired military personnel far outnumber active duty.

And then we have the size of the US.

We couldn't "conquer" Afghanistan within 25 years, a country similar in size to Texas.

We won the War of Independence mostly on gorilla warfare. The war of 1812 was fought more conventionally with the British both on land and at sea, the majority was actually at sea.

If you look at our history of conventional fighting v. gorilla warfare, we don't have a very good track record, and when I say don't have a good track record, we've pretty much failed at life.

The military can take over a government and hold majority over a government, but when people with AKs go against them the from the bushes, there's always more people with AKs in the bushes.
black-gorilla-lush-jungle-holding-gun_913266-6037.jpg t7qh4suxy3ez.png
Gorillas?

Not guerillas? main-qimg-f94fe27af5881ebce985da9a9bb5d204-lq.jpeg FreedomHouse2-AP-PhotoRodrigo-Abd.jpg 5db2c7ea1e650.jpeg militiaman-portrait-assault-rifle-Lebanon-leader-1983.jpg 5d3b420b11abf.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top