JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking into 44cal AR15 or AR10 barrels and it appears none exist. Tromix built a few in 44mag but I am interested in a rimless cartridge option. The 44 AMP (or Auto Mag) shares the same case head diameter as 308 so I was thinking a 44 Auto Mag barrel could be assembled for the AR10 platform? A 44cal blank barrel chambered in 44 AMP and threaded for AR10 barrel extension? Does that sound feasible?

Last Edited:
Ouch!

Double Ouch!!
No joke... OUCH!! I knew hornady used to do some automag steel dies. Looking around just briefly it looks like they are still availabe but run 100 bones-ish.

Edit: Looks like OP has a few in stock for $99 and you know there is almost always some kind of discount code available. Currently "gunreviews" will getcha 5% off.

I'm not aware of any work around substitutions and still too spendy to tinker with in my book.... YMMV

Last Edited:
No joke... OUCH!! I knew hornady used to do some automag steel dies. Looking around just briefly it looks like they are still availabe but run 100 bones-ish.

Edit: Looks like OP has a few in stock for $99 and you know there is almost always some kind of discount code available. Currently "gunreviews" will getcha 5% off.

I'm not aware of any work around substitutions and still too spendy to tinker with in my book.... YMMV
I am thinking the 44 Auto Mag is a rich mans game and not for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top