JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking into 44cal AR15 or AR10 barrels and it appears none exist. Tromix built a few in 44mag but I am interested in a rimless cartridge option. The 44 AMP (or Auto Mag) shares the same case head diameter as 308 so I was thinking a 44 Auto Mag barrel could be assembled for the AR10 platform? A 44cal blank barrel chambered in 44 AMP and threaded for AR10 barrel extension? Does that sound feasible?

Last Edited:
Ouch!

Double Ouch!!
No joke... OUCH!! I knew hornady used to do some automag steel dies. Looking around just briefly it looks like they are still availabe but run 100 bones-ish.

Edit: Looks like OP has a few in stock for $99 and you know there is almost always some kind of discount code available. Currently "gunreviews" will getcha 5% off.

I'm not aware of any work around substitutions and still too spendy to tinker with in my book.... YMMV

Last Edited:
No joke... OUCH!! I knew hornady used to do some automag steel dies. Looking around just briefly it looks like they are still availabe but run 100 bones-ish.

Edit: Looks like OP has a few in stock for $99 and you know there is almost always some kind of discount code available. Currently "gunreviews" will getcha 5% off.

I'm not aware of any work around substitutions and still too spendy to tinker with in my book.... YMMV
I am thinking the 44 Auto Mag is a rich mans game and not for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top