JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THREAD RESURRECTION WARNING!

UPDATE: Cassandra Damper, the woman who shot Devyn Holmes in the head, released after only 6 months in prison - just last month!. :eek:

Released on shock probation

WTH is "shock probation"...??? o_O

And yes, Mr. Holmes survived the bullet... amazingly...

If you are new to this thread, or if you have not seen the live footage of the shooting, it's linked below.
WARNING: He gets shot in the left temple on a live Facebook stream.

WARNING: GRAPHIC

Last Edited:
Shock probation
Shock probation is the US legal policy by which a judge orders a convicted offender to prison for a short time then suspends the remainder of the sentence in favor of probation. It is hoped that the initial experience of prison will provide an effective deterrent from recidivism.

Shock probation
Shock probation is the US legal policy by which a judge orders a convicted offender to prison for a short time then suspends the remainder of the sentence in favor of probation. It is hoped that the initial experience of prison will provide an effective deterrent from recidivism.
Thanks for that. I stopped for lunch before looking it up.

So, a slap on the wrist for almost murdering someone. Wow, our "justice system" today. I can see why people would be upset with it... :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I stopped for lunch before looking it up.

So, a slap on the wrist for almost murdering someone. Wow, our "justice system" today. I can see why people would be upset with it... :rolleyes:

I mean if it's an ND and not in the commission of another crime, why not reduce this sentence when looking for people to kick out of prison?

Plenty of other really bad guys getting released right now due to the stupid AF reasoning about trying to limit covid.

I mean if it's an ND and not in the commission of another crime, why not reduce this sentence when looking for people to kick out of prison?
I don't know, man. That seemed like a whole helluva lot more than just an ND. Goofing around, high, drunk, I don't care... it appeared wantonly reckless to me.

Plenty of other really bad guys getting released right now due to the stupid AF reasoning about trying to limit covid.
Agreed. If masks were supposed to work so well at limiting/preventing transmission, then why did they let the inmates out?

Yes, I was surprised to see that as well, although he may be permanently blind in his left eye.
I'm no doctor, but I'm just going off of this pic, which I grabbed off his post-court appearance news interview:
Devyn Holmes.JPG
Holmes is confined to a wheelchair, and is unable to walk, dress himself, or use the bathroom unassisted.

Last Edited:
THREAD RESURRECTION WARNING!

UPDATE: Cassandra Damper, the woman who shot Devyn Holmes in the head, released after only 6 months in prison - just last month!. :eek:

Released on shock probation

WTH is "shock probation"...??? o_O

And yes, Mr. Holmes survived the bullet... amazingly...

If you are new to this thread, or if you have not seen the live footage of the shooting, it's linked below.
WARNING: He gets shot in the left temple on a live Facebook stream.

WARNING: GRAPHIC

He may have survived but the only vids I can find state that he cannot walk, dress, or even use the bathroom without help. His one eye appears to no longer function, though amazingly he can still speak.

His life is forever and irreversibly damaged. And the shooter was only forced to pay $50,000 restitution? What's the price of never being able to hug your family again? Never being able to teach your kids firsthand your experiences?

I don't know...but I do think it's a hell of a lot more than 50k.

Yup, just posted that immediately above.
Pretty sad way to go through the rest of your life, and knowing that the person that did it to you is carrying on happy-go-lucky and free as a bird...

Not only did she rack the slide, but I read the reports that state that originally they tried to say the gunshot was self-inflicted.

So, bad with guns and not too good with telling the truth, either.

Yes, she did originally tell the police that Holmes shot himself. Until the police saw the recording, the existence of which they were alerted to by none other than The Shaq, who subscribed to the FB feed that Holmes and Damper ran together.

She also tried to wash the gunpowder residue off her hands before the police caught up to her. And during questioning, she kept asking, "How long is this going to take? I have a plane to catch."

Lovely girl... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews