JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was trying to come up with something...and dumped it. Thanks, you worded it pretty darned good.
I think one of my JHS English Language Teachers would have said Well and Not Good! Who knows just what those Teachers are now Teaching, or if such English Language Classes are Available any longer. I know that the WA Lower Courts are No Longer asking Anyone to Swear that They are Telling the Truth About Anything! The Courts Rational "What Version of What Bible" is the " RIGHT " one and does the Court even have a Copy available? Yeah, that's just what the Municipal Court Judge said. After hearing that I contacted several of the other Jurisdictions and they said they had the same Policy. KKG

... And with @ilikegunspdx, there is a difference between yelling bomb and dressing one way. ...

Let's say you cut up a broom handle into 8" sticks or whatever length dynamite usually is, paint them red, and string them together with electrical wire and then attach them to a vest.

It's just attire right?

What happens when you go into Walmart or an airport? So yeah, I get that one may not have right to open carry dynamite, but broomstick bits? Surely that's legal. Going into Walmart a week after someone else shot up a different Walmart, decked out like you are looking for a firefight, isn't merely an attire issue. Secondly, after the first person gasped and scurried off, he was on notice that his attire was terrifying people -- yet he persisted even with that feedback.

Anyway, this guy singlehandedly did more damage to gun rights than 1000 rabid anti2A activists could ever hope to do.

The terrorist threat charge covers an act which "recklessly disregards the risk of causing the evacuation" of a building, or "knowingly causes a false belief or fear... that a condition exists involving danger to life."
Dungannon;

Just wondering, What is your Source(s) of what seems to be Missouri State Laws?

KKG

Ps: Or, are you simply quoting the Statement in the Papers? I do seem to remember that being a part of the Article.

Dungannon;
Just wondering, What is your Source(s) of what seems to be Missouri State Laws?
KKG
Ps: Or, are you simply quoting the Statement in the Papers? I do seem to remember that being a part of the Article.

Did a search on 'Oklahoma man arrested at Walmart' and read the newspaper articles that were linked. Cut & pasted the quote, which was attributed to the local prosecutor Dan Patterson. Not surprisingly, including 'arrests at Walmart' in a search will get a lot of hits - mostly for theft.

Did a search on 'Oklahoma man arrested at Walmart' and read the newspaper articles that were linked. Cut & pasted the quote, which was attributed to the local prosecutor Dan Patterson. Not surprisingly, including 'arrests at Walmart' in a search will get a lot of hits - mostly for theft.
Believe it or NOT, Many of the Laws in one State aren't the same in another - i.e. Weed Laws and those don't agree with the Feds - which makes it interesting when a LEOs job has him onto/into a National Park. His State might have made Possession "Legal" but as soon as He follows the Doper(who continues "Toke & Joke" about the fact that it's "Legal" now, so "Ha, Ha, you can't touch me now") to onto the National Park Land He's Obliged to make another Stop and then the LEO has a Felony Bust!

Who says Weed doesn't Kill Brain Cells or that it doesn't lead to the Bigger and Better Dope!

Some of these Laws are referred to the "Gotcha Laws" now Mom!!!

TTFN

It was a very stupid thing to do. That kid could have had his head blown off and then guess what! There would be nobody to say he wasn't a terrorist and the firefighter is the hero of the day and everyone here on this board would be saying what a hero he was (And in my book, he still is a hero)
Equally, he could have actually been planning to shoot the place up until that fireman stuck a gun in his ear. Then it's Plan B "I was exercising my right to..." Sociopaths can be quite ingenious that way..
Bottom line is if he wasn't actually a spree killer then that kid was breathtakingly stupid for creating a situation that frightened people, put himself in serious danger and probably now has the MO state legislature looking at ending open carry.
Maybe he shouldn't be arrested, but someone should take him out back and beat some sense into him

Last Edited:
Let's say you cut up a broom handle into 8" sticks or whatever length dynamite usually is, paint them red, and string them together with electrical wire and then attach them to a vest.

It's just attire right?

What happens when you go into Walmart or an airport? So yeah, I get that one may not have right to open carry dynamite, but broomstick bits? Surely that's legal.

Not the same. Explosives are not the same as firearms. Apples vs oranges.

You get shot or held at gunpoint until it's determined you're an idiot.

For everyone in this thread, shouting fire in a crowded theater is legal. The test of protected free speech is "would incite lawless behavior."

I don't think what this bonehead did was akin to speech but he has a right to do it.

At the same time, he's responsible for his actions just like the rest of us for everything we do. He could have received a bullet to the chest from that firefighter and I would have thought it was reasonable in the confusion wrought by the offending bonehead.

The government finding a catch-all law to charge him on is a ridiculous overstep we should all be concerned about.

Or if you're a person of a "protected class" and make it look vaguely like a fashion item you get invited to the White House to talk to Obama.

_student_Ahmed_Mohamed_03_%28cropped_to_Mohamed%29.jpg

"would incite lawless behavior."
Things not protected:
Words to incite a riot, obscene material (think snuff films and pedo crap), true threats, fighting words, intellectual property, public employees speech (what you say online can be cause for termination if said as an employee), defamation.

Yelling fire doesn't apply to the above so...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews