Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Mall ninja 12 guage ammo question

Reactions
Quick question,

Are door breaching rounds overkill for my SHTF loadout?

On my plate carrier I will have 2 molle 12 gauge ammo pouches that hold 10 rds each.
I am thinking 10 rds 00 buck 5 slugs and 5 breaching rounds..

Any opinions?

Any other suggestions?

Reactions
One must be careful what you use for ammo, when involved in a critical incident. i would use something more mainstream and available, and not something that is a gimmicky mess.

Look at Federal's Tactical Precision Buckshot with the Flitecontrol wadding. Keeps the shot in the wad until it contacts the target. Less chance of stray pellets hitting something you don't want to.

For lock breakers etc., look at Def-Tec stuff.......

Reactions
Why waste the money on breaching rounds??? You can get yourself some cheap 00 buck shot, and run a knife around the shell about 3/4 of way down cutting through just the outside plastic shell. You dont have to run it completly through. (but pretty darn close) It will all stay together until it hits something, and it really explodes on impact. Its like a slug... until it makes contact with an object.. :s0155: Try it...

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online