JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me know if this info is already available somewhere. I'd like to take it as my personal mission to start the movement to make Jackson county a 2A Sanctuary county, just need some guidance if anyone knows where to start. Thanks!

No idea honestly, however do recall similar proposal failed the voting cycle in ?'18- Relatively close, if I recall my stats, however absolutely could be mistaken.

Thinking it may be worth your time to contact the proponents whom worked their tails of to get such on the ballot during that cycle.

Secondarily- one of the new County Commissioners, Dave Dotterer, is the current president of Ashland Gun Club (passing on his tenure in that role due to County workload).

Personally, I'd hold off on contacting Dave on this until you have more ducks in a row. Just mentioning we would have more Commissioner level support is all, on 2A issues.

NB: Ashland Gun Club board, staff & members had done such a great job community wise that Ashland just recently extended the Club lease by a decade with 100% Ashland City board support. No small feat, that, in the community of Ashland (politics/lifestyle wise).

Thanks for all that info Camel. I did get a response from Kevin Starrett at OFF, who is willing to help. He also gave me Colleen Roberts' name who is a county commissioner and avid 2A supporter. She is going to hook me up with the info for the group that got the citizens initiative petition going last time, so hopefully we can shift this thing into high gear.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top