JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably thanks to Kennedy actually. This doesn't mean they're upholding the Fourth District, it means that this case as is is not going to get overturned. Anyone may challenge it in the future but they need to get it perfect for them to change the ruling. Personally I think it's Kennedy that has told the rest flat out that he doesn't want to back the 2nd more than he has. Once he's gone or, gift from Santa, Ginsberg goes the next case makes it to them.

Probably thanks to Kennedy actually. This doesn't mean they're upholding the Fourth District, it means that this case as is is not going to get overturned. Anyone may challenge it in the future but they need to get it perfect for them to change the ruling. Personally I think it's Kennedy that has told the rest flat out that he doesn't want to back the 2nd more than he has. Once he's gone or, gift from Santa, Ginsberg goes the next case makes it to them.

Live to fight another day.... unfortunately this also gives a green light to Oregon and Washington. The voter base is certainly not a big concern. Or the NRA....we have just been left out in the cold boys.

Last Edited:
Yep regarding Oregon. Sad. Bad. But ... trying to look at the bright side here, (if there is one,) on the national level the SCOTUS NOT hearing the case may actually be good in a way.

The good way being right now we are not sure of having the overwhelming votes needed or hoped for in overturning ALL of the bad stuff coming our way. One big sweeping SCOTUS ruling.

A big ruling in our favor. Trump has 3 more years. With luck he has 7 more years. As bad as it is right now, perhaps time is on our side. We might be able to teach the horse to sing very loud.

The good way being right now we are not sure of having the overwhelming votes needed or hoped for in overturning ALL of the bad stuff coming our way. One big sweeping SCOTUS ruling.

Yeah, I see that, BUT. I have to wonder with the SCOTUS {or even the NRA for that matter} not interested in helping individual states as they go under the blade, who will be left to be saved ? Lets say we are fortunate enough to loose two of the worst supremes. Then there will be the nightmarish confirmation process that will be even more drawn out than Gorsuch's, guaranteed. And lets not forget that we will also need to get a more compelling argument to get in the door.
By the time that a decision is rendered, how many states will still be standing ? Alabama... parts of West Virginia and Texas ? I don't see SCOTUS reversing a majority of existing state laws.

Last Edited:
Yep regarding Oregon. Sad. Bad. But ... trying to look at the bright side here, (if there is one,) on the national level the SCOTUS NOT hearing the case may actually be good in a way.

A big ruling in our favor. Trump has 3 more years. With luck he has 7 more years. As bad as it is right now, perhaps time is on our side. We might be able to teach the horse to sing very loud.
I hear rumors that Kennedy may announce retirement before the end of the year. If so, the refusal to hear the case may be a blessing. Kennedy is exactly the person we need replaced.

I hear rumors that Kennedy may announce retirement before the end of the year. If so, the refusal to hear the case may be a blessing. Kennedy is exactly the person we need replaced.
Like I said, Kennedy shores up the right flank... but if somebody gets to Roberts like Barry Butthump did on the blatantly-unconstitutional Obamacare... We go from two Wild Cards to just one.

See why I say Kennedy's a start, but we need Ginsburg or Breyer out too?

Yes, the discrepancy between the 4th Circuit and the 7th Circuit still exists. It will have to be resolved. This is NOT a decision to affirm the 4th Circuit decision, though it has that temporary effect. I can see the conservative justices not wanting to take the case on until they have a clear majority, especially if they believe that Kennedy and Ginsberg will be gone soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top