JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
001.jpg 100_0165.jpg Advantages: Feels really good in the hand, easier to carry concealed. Disadvantages: once you get one you have to get more! Fewer choices and generally more expensive. Grips: Tons of options, check out The Finer Grain, Sarges' Grips, he has a large selection of bobtail grips. Gary

Mag well vs. Bobtail are two entirely differently issues. Magwells are meant to facilitate easier faster reloads.

The advantage of bobtails is to offer a little less conspicuous profile while carrying concealed. Some say makes no difference in feel for holding the pistol, others say it does make a difference in your grip. I have both standard and bobtail config 1911's and find no significant difference in grip feel. If anything, I like the feel of the bobtail grip a bit better. As mentioned before, Sarge's offers many bobtail options. I have VZ's on my bobtail 1911's as well as a pair of Esmeralda Rosewood Picazzo grips for those all important BBQ's. :s0114:

DSCN1325.jpg

Mag well vs. Bobtail are two entirely differently issues. Magwells are meant to facilitate easier faster reloads.

The advantage of bobtails is to offer a little less conspicuous profile while carrying concealed. Some say makes no difference in feel for holding the pistol, others say it does make a difference in your grip. I have both standard and bobtail config 1911's and find no significant difference in grip feel. If anything, I like the feel of the bobtail grip a bit better. As mentioned before, Sarge's offers many bobtail options. I have VZ's on my bobtail 1911's as well as a pair of Esmeralda Rosewood Picazzo grips for those all important BBQ's. :s0114:

DSCN1325.jpg

That's a beautiful gun,grips are very nice.......

but the bobtail just doesn't look right on a 1911 to me.
If I want that sort of grip I'll buy another gun

That's a beautiful gun,grips are very nice.......

but the bobtail just doesn't look right on a 1911 to me.
If I want that sort of grip I'll buy another gun

To each his own. I own both standard grip and bobtail 1911's. If it is a gun I plan to use regularly for concealed carry I will go with the bobtail, but I also like the standard grip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top