Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Magpul AFG... why didn't I think of this???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ZeroRing, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

So, I've been wanting to get a vertical forward grip for my AR but couldn't find one that I really liked. All were either too short, too long, or just not comfortable. I'd considered getting one of the foldable ones and locking it in the reverse 45 position but never pulled the trigger on getting it (pun intended).

Then I get the Brownells "January New Products" email and I think I've found THE grip I was looking for!

The MagPul Angled Fore-Grip :D :thumbup:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31804/Product/AR_15_M16_ANGLED_FORE_GRIP?mc_ID=3033

Thoughts?

2. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I too like that one. Not a personal fan of VFG, but this one seems to be a natural angle, and my thumb would be a perfect angle to activate a light.
    Does brownells have in stock?

3. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Bought two, one for the socom 16 other for an AK, science behind is simple. Vfg are just a grip point of reference.

4. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Yeap, ordered two as well (along with assorted other bits since shipping was $11.50). :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Might try one out, I like my bicycle grips at that angle - sounds like they're on to something.

6. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Magpul sent me one before these were released.

On some rails, it hangs a little low to get a good hold on the forend. On a Larue Rail, it's up nice and tight, close to the bore. But on the Magpul MOE, and I suspect a DD M4/Lite, it will hang pretty low and be uncomfortable. :)

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

7. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I want to put this on an AK.

I am not trying to sound like a dirt ball but I have has this idea in my head for about a year and half now. I found a plastic molding injection company looking for work in the Tacoma area. My idea was to have a more round solid pear shape (think shotgun for end) the pear shape is to fill the palm but allows the thumb to rest naturally, all angled at about a 33 degrees. Oh yea it's shape would allow an ambidextrous approach to it.

Well I am glad they released it as I do not need to work on that idea anymore. On to the next idea in my head.

SF-

8. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

It looks like it would be very comfortable. I'd like to try one out.

9. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

For smaller hands, it's a little bulky on a lower hanging rail. It'll be fine on a LaRue/TRX Extreme, etc... :)

10. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

How do you rate?!!! But Grats ..

Man I saw one of these a month ago and the guy said it was the only one he had.. ( it was his) and wasnt going to sell it. He did say it would be out soon.. but man if they are just giving them away hook me up man!! lol

11. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

I used to care about foregrips, now I just grab the mag-well

12. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Testing and Evaluation. :thumbup:

Great idea, great execution, noticeably more control while firing. Money well spent for those of you reaching out on the barrel.