Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Magazine Modification

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by K-22, Jan 12, 2013.

1. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

Is there any type of kit available that will allow me to modify an 20 round OEM Mini 14 magazine into a 10 round magazine?
    I want to do it correctly so it will be legal where mags with more than a 10 round capacity Is not legal.
    Best,
    Gary

2. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

If your talking about complying with another states current laws (CA/NY etc)..... Magazine Blocks Home Page

IF its California, it needs to be a permanent fix, ie: not being able to be undone.

3. K-22

About 4 times a year, I need to travel through Northern CA.
    There are a lot of things I will gamble on, but not this.

Best,
    Gary

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Do you need to take that Magazine with you? Since to be safe in CA you would have to perminately alter the magazine why not just sell it and buy a 10rd.

5. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

You can search Gunsmithing & How To - Calguns.net... for some other DIY fixes....as Mark W. just advised, 4x a year spend the 20 bucks at get a mag that complies...

Effective January 1, 2000, SB 23 generally prohibits, the manufacture, import, sale, giving or lending of large capacity magazines (defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but does not include .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding devices).

emphasis added

6. K-22

I have had "Want to buy OEM 10 Round Mini 14 magazines" posts on three firearms forums for a while now. So far, no joy. If you spot any, please give me a heads up.

Best,
    Gary

7. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

I've just found ways to avoid California.:cool: