JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there any type of kit available that will allow me to modify an 20 round OEM Mini 14 magazine into a 10 round magazine?
I want to do it correctly so it will be legal where mags with more than a 10 round capacity Is not legal.
Best,
Gary

About 4 times a year, I need to travel through Northern CA.
There are a lot of things I will gamble on, but not this.

Best,
Gary

Do you need to take that Magazine with you? Since to be safe in CA you would have to perminately alter the magazine why not just sell it and buy a 10rd.

You can search Gunsmithing & How To - Calguns.net... for some other DIY fixes....as Mark W. just advised, 4x a year spend the 20 bucks at get a mag that complies...

Effective January 1, 2000, SB 23 generally prohibits, the manufacture, import, sale, giving or lending of large capacity magazines (defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but does not include .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding devices).

CA PC 12020
(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following: (A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
emphasis added

Do you need to take that Magazine with you? Since to be safe in CA you would have to perminately alter the magazine why not just sell it and buy a 10rd.

I have had "Want to buy OEM 10 Round Mini 14 magazines" posts on three firearms forums for a while now. So far, no joy. If you spot any, please give me a heads up.

Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews