JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello looking for some info on this M1 don't know much and would like to eventually sell along with some others like an SKS ,MAS MLE and some black powder rifles. Anyone near Seattle that you all can recommend to help sell ,value possibly consign with?
Thanks for help

939D5EA0-34AE-4260-A12E-CCBD7E908A41.jpeg 36F5E0A7-0607-4897-94B8-EC84ABB2190F.jpeg D4697611-A0A9-492D-A1A0-B53FA2327764.jpeg 3D28132B-51CD-4EEB-B046-E6741F86921B.jpeg 2368F232-3D7B-472F-8364-BF6047AF7E0D.jpeg 465B08E2-4129-41AB-A3AB-419C3630D889.jpeg D6402F5D-ECBE-4B8F-BC6B-2FA625B985D3.jpeg 6341A6CE-0B1A-4CEA-A4DF-022340E209D5.jpeg

Typical M1 Garand. It has a mix of WWII and post war parts. It is a WWII receiver, April 1945. Looks like a birch replacement stock with walnut handguards. It was not uncommon to mix wood at arsenals. There is bullet indents from seating rounds in the clip on the side of the buttstock. Those tell an interesting story and don't really change the value. I don't see signs of a reciever reweld in the photos you posted, you may want to look closer to ensure it is not. Barrel condition is realativly important. If it is a WWII barrel before April and is in good condition, it will add to the value. Retail is probably $1000-1300 in the current market. People buy these for looks mostly and will be a big factor in the price. Your photos may not make it look as nice as it really is in person.

Can't help you on dealers in your area. Down here consignment is usually 15%. With private transfer hassles in Oregon, I think consigning firearms may be a better option if interest is low trying to advertise private to private.

It might be too far north for you to drive, but Sound Loan in Everett is a very popular place to consign firearms for sale. They can suggest real world prices that will get your stuff sold. Relative to other places, their fees are very reasonable. They get a lot of traffic through their shop considering their small physical size. They sold an M1 Rifle for me there in August, 2021 that I didn't want to fool around with on Gunbroker. That one was nicer than the one shown in the pictures, above, and it brought me net $1,215. It was nice but otherwise ordinary post Korean War production. I don't know how they are selling at present but people always seem to be looking for them. I think they had mine for about a month, but two weeks of that was the waiting time for clearing a semi-auto rifle per I-1639.

If it is a WWII barrel before April and is in good condition,
Barrel date is 1965, does not match 1945 receiver.

This is the one Sound Loan sold for me last August. It was made at SA in Dec. 1953, excellent original barrel, had never been reworked, the parts drawing numbers all matched the build date. Not force matched by me, it came that way.

SANY2352.JPG SANY2353.JPG

Good luck with your M1 rifle sale...Might be interested in your black powder rifles depending on what they are.
I would be happy to help with ID and pricing of them in any event.
Andy

I'll vouch for Andy's expertise and knowledge on all things relating to BP guns. I bought a couple flintlock rifles a while back and not only did he tell me EVERYTHING about each one…. he even told me what color socks the makers where each wearing on the day they proof-fired them!

Does the stock have a DOD Cartouche on the left side under the Elevation knob, or a Firing Proof {P} on the wrist?

Also what is the condition of the Bore?
Bullet Test?

Tnx,
Nice Rifle... :)

The best used gun shop in the area use to be The Marksman, on Canyon Road, in Puyallup. It a bit of a drive for you but they have been great for decades, and are close to JBLM, so there is a good turnover of used there...good luck