JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys,

i went to cabelas today fully anticipating buying an RCBS chargemaster lite... they were out. i was bummed.

i found the Lyman gen 6 onsale for $190ish... walked over and sat down for 20 min and read reviews on it before making a decision.

long story short, i was convinced. im all about the reviews before buying some things... so i bought it. i used my christmas giftcards thinking ok i'll give it a try and return it if its junk.

setup was very easy although, the instructions were a little plain;with no pictures for a "hands on" guy like myself.

calibration..straight forward. easy.

clean up is super easy too, it has a trap door and a ramp for powder to flow out back into your jug of powder. it even comes with a brush for any remaining powder in the hopper.

when i got home, i loaded 50 rounds of 270 for a buddy. wow, what a convenience!!!it speeds up the single stage process a lot.

before loading his rounds, as a trial run, i used 4 different scales to verify the accuracy of 1/10th grain that they advertise before loading.i dropped 40 powder charges and all 40 were 100% accurate according to 4 different scales(2 electronic 2 beam scales). 5 counting the lyman.

wow, im super happy with my purchase.

YMMV but im gonna tell everyone its worth it to speed up the process. ya, $190 is steep for speeding up what i would consider "precision reloading" but its what i wanted. i never got into reloading for saving money LOL anyone who does will be sorely mistaken.

:D

I have the full size chargemaster combo, and I would never want to go back to loading without it, it makes things so much easier and faster.

Glad to hear you like the lyman!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads