JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys,

i went to cabelas today fully anticipating buying an RCBS chargemaster lite... they were out. i was bummed.

i found the Lyman gen 6 onsale for $190ish... walked over and sat down for 20 min and read reviews on it before making a decision.

long story short, i was convinced. im all about the reviews before buying some things... so i bought it. i used my christmas giftcards thinking ok i'll give it a try and return it if its junk.

setup was very easy although, the instructions were a little plain;with no pictures for a "hands on" guy like myself.

calibration..straight forward. easy.

clean up is super easy too, it has a trap door and a ramp for powder to flow out back into your jug of powder. it even comes with a brush for any remaining powder in the hopper.

when i got home, i loaded 50 rounds of 270 for a buddy. wow, what a convenience!!!it speeds up the single stage process a lot.

before loading his rounds, as a trial run, i used 4 different scales to verify the accuracy of 1/10th grain that they advertise before loading.i dropped 40 powder charges and all 40 were 100% accurate according to 4 different scales(2 electronic 2 beam scales). 5 counting the lyman.

wow, im super happy with my purchase.

YMMV but im gonna tell everyone its worth it to speed up the process. ya, $190 is steep for speeding up what i would consider "precision reloading" but its what i wanted. i never got into reloading for saving money LOL anyone who does will be sorely mistaken.

:D

I have the full size chargemaster combo, and I would never want to go back to loading without it, it makes things so much easier and faster.

Glad to hear you like the lyman!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top