JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I ordered some ammo. Cheapest 10mm I have found.Ordered 1000 rounds (lets see,50 per box=20 boxes,right?). They ship the same day but use the pony express,lol
Working out side and see the fedex truck roll up. Oh boy:s0023:
Take it on the garage to take a look cause the box has seen better days.
Hmmm 14 boxes.o_O Maybe my math is wrong.
No,thats 700 rounds. 6 boxes missing,but this box looks like it wouldnt hold 6 more boxes.
I call and no answer. The woman at the menu says maybe email is faster.
And it was. They got right back to me. Had me send pics incase it had been tampered with,which they firgured it had. It had clear tape all over it like it had been dropped and repaired. They only use brown tape.
I guess they have somone who can figure out how to get those other six boxes in this little box.
Sure makes 1000 rounds not look like much:(
So they sent me an email this AM that they sent out another 6 boxes/300 rounds. ( just so I keep my math right:D )
Anyway Lucky gunner has me for a customer. Not sure about fedex though.

Fed Ex and UPS are about the worst for damage in transit as well as theft! Some of the packages I have seen looked like they were para dropped under a bad chute! I have had to send so much stuff back due to damage! I have never had a theft, but I hear the stories all the time! I feel ya!

$25-30 a box at some gun show I suppose.
I tried to see if you could get 6 more boxes in the shipping box. Man that is pushing that box to the limits.
And this box is that soft paper like cardboard too.

Yup, buddy worked fedex in the shipping reciving area.

He said lots of stuff got literally thrown out of trucks and someone else sorted them.

If they are going to ship 1000 rounds I would expect a little bubble wrap or something to pad it while in transit.

And theft I never heard of personally but if a gun guy picked up a package of a certain size and weight then it wouldn't be that hard to 'accidentally' get dropped and remove a few boxes before tapeing it all back up.

$25-30 a box at some gun show I suppose.
I tried to see if you could get 6 more boxes in the shipping box. Man that is pushing that box to the limits.
And this box is that soft paper like cardboard too.

The last time I bought some ammo online, the vendor shrink wrapped all the boxes together, before putting them into a cardboard box. I was a bit surprised at the time.

But now I guess I know why they did that. :eek:

Let's hope that they package this replacement order that they are sending you better.

Ammunition shipped through FedEx or UPS are supposed to have an ORM-D label on the box. So I suppose any unscrupulous FedEx/UPS employee can easily figure out which packages could contain ammo.

I recently received an order from Ammoman 100% intact via UPS. If FedEx 'spilled' some contents or have a box-shrinker, UPS shouldn't get blamed, seems like. Unless they deserve it on G.P. :cool:

About 10 years ago I briefly worked at FedEx ground and we had to go through security in and out. They didn't really use the x-ray because we were only allowed to bring in some cash, small key ring, and our ID. No cell phones, wallets, watches, jewelry, etc, because they ship all of that stuff. Even with all of that security at the sorting centers, there is plenty of time the package is not secure.

A few weeks ago I was reading about Amazon dumping a few billion more into India and all of the trending facebook posts were about how horrible the shipping is in India. No tracking and no follow up on missing, damaged, or lost items. We are very lucky even though we do have some issues here or there, it could be way worse.

I ship all of my stuff to my warehouse and a few times I've been contacted via phone or e-mail to confirm I'm not shipping an item out of the country and I'm the actual buyer. It wasn't even ITAR stuff. An e-mail from my work address is usually sufficient but I could see how our company name could look suspicious. In general, companies seem to be pretty good...especially if they want repeat business.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top