JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is currently my AR setups but next will be an 18" upper with some sort of 1-6ish. I just need to decide my budget. FCAF15D0-22F5-416C-B3B3-43FE9CB3EB12.jpeg

LPVO will make the rifle more versatile. Like the primary arms 1x6 or 1x8, I've used them in competition and they work effectively equivalent to a red dot. I'm a big van of the sig Romeo 5 line of red dots. Made by holosun for sig, the auto on feature is great.

Practice with the LPVO will overcome any issues compared to the red dot.

If I had to pick only 1 to use on only 1 AR it would be the LPVO over the red dot. If also highly recommend the primary arms scopes for their price, durability and warranty.

I'm personally a big fan of LPVO, but understand there are times where a red dot truly is the best choice.

For example, I currently have a 3.25 moa dot on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol for HD. It's fast up close, and can still ring steel consistently out to 200 hards. It fits its designated role perfectly.

For my 16", which has a heavier barrel, it wears a 1-6x as I imagine it as more of a Recce setup.

There are plenty of options out there. The problem is trying enough of them to know what works best for you.

This is false. Holosun does not make Sig's red dots.

I appreciate good discourse.

Ok, Sig has a red dot that looks very similar to holosun products and the Sig red dot is made in China, likely produced by a company who also produces products for holosun.

Do you have any specific information from which you can share what company makes the Sig red dot or how you can definitely make the claim?

Holosun is a brand. They are not a manufacturer.

Know several people from their optics division that can verify.

You are correct, Holosun is a brand, like Sig, or another brand. So the statement Holosun makes them for Sig is likely to be false like you said, because Holosun manufacturers nothing, but the manufacturer in China who makes them both could easily be the same and utilize similar plans, parts, etc for construction. Definitely not an accurate statement claiming one brand makes them for another brand, but its rather like splitting hairs when their is one manufacturer who likely produces them both.

It's really a non-issue for me. It doesn't make much of a difference. I'm happy with the Sig branded product, regardless of who makes it.

A LPVO is pretty sweet if you have astigmatism but many arent true 1x so the consensus seems to be that they are a bit slower than a RDS. Check out Supersets video for pros and cons

Also, you might consider an ACOG and use the BAC with a front lens cap closed for home defense if you ever need do. It takes a bit of practice but you can get rounds on target pretty damn fast when shooting both eyes open.

Also, you might consider an ACOG and use the BAC with a front lens cap closed for home defense if you ever need do. It takes a bit of practice but you can get rounds on target pretty damn fast when shooting both eyes open.
nice, you're the only other person Ive heard talk about this on here . This is the only way I use LPV, works just like an ACOG with tape over the lens ,every bit as fast as a red dot ......you can have a 10x fixed power scope and it works as long as you have some sort of illuminated reticle.

Interesting thread.. I have an EoTech on my SHTF AR, and I love it, BUT, I am also curious about LPVO's..

Does anyone have some mid-range $$ LPVO recommendations in the PA, Vortex, and/or Burris product lines? How do LPVO's stack up against Prism/ACOG types of scopes? Eye relief, handling, clarity of glass, etc.. Does the fixed parallax cause problems at distance, say, 200-400 yards? This would mostly be for fun, and possibly a little 3-gun. Any insights are appreciated.

Interesting thread.. I have an EoTech on my SHTF AR, and I love it, BUT, I am also curious about LPVO's..

Does anyone have some mid-range $$ LPVO recommendations in the PA, Vortex, and/or Burris product lines? How do LPVO's stack up against Prism/ACOG types of scopes? Eye relief, handling, clarity of glass, etc.. Does the fixed parallax cause problems at distance, say, 200-400 yards? This would mostly be for fun, and possibly a little 3-gun. Any insights are appreciated.
I just bought a PA 1-6 FFP and really like it so far. I cant afford to put 1-3k on ever optic I buy and so far it hits the mark. I am going to buy a couple more now.

I have 2 AR-15s, one with a Primary arms 1-6x ACSS and a 16inch barrel and the other is a 10.5 inch pistol with a red dot. I was able to get a deal on the parts for the pistol and I'll be using that for the house/car depending on what I'm doing. I like the LPVO and excited to get out and start shooting at range and seeing what I can do with it. So far the 1x has a good FOV for closer quarters etc. it's all personal preference and what you like the look of better. Let us know what you end up going for.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews