JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but it looked right to me. I'm wondering if anyone has good advice on a the best binos I can get for under $100. I'm just hoping to get though this season. I'll have money at Christmas time to buy a better pair but I need to get through this season. I also will graciously welcome everyone critical and negative put downs about how I'm an idiot for not going into debt and buying a pair that cost several hundred dollars. I fully anticipate it;)

No hands on experience in the under $100 area--other than cussing
cheap binoculars on several occasions. Do a Google---a search for
"best binocular under $100" gives you 210,000 hits.

What I do know--Bought a pair of Pentax DCF WP 8x42's a couple
of years ago. Found a deal around $200. A little bulky, but waterproof
and GREAT optics for the price. They have spent their life banging
around on the farm, usually in a box on the front rack of a Honda
quad. No problems---worth every penny.

The Nikon Action 8x40 is around $75 last I checked. I have had it hunting and scouting. It is a good one, and I don't feel bad if it gets dropped or dirty.

I have tried a number of binoculars and to me it seems that Nikon makes products that are very clear. They are great for my tired old eyes. And, I have seen them for less than one hundred dollars. You might check Bi-Mart. I'm not sure of any other stores that might have them.

Thanks for the help fellas. I will look into those. I've also thought it might be more prudent to borrow a friends extra pair for this year and use the $100 and add to the funds I'll have this winter. Then I can get a higher quality pair. Any good ideas in the $300-400 range?

I carry a pair of the Leupold Yosemite's found here:

<broken link removed>

They aren't real small, but they're small enough that they're not a problem to have hanging around your neck all day, but they're big enough that you can grip them easily with gloves on. I think they're right around $100.

Best bet would be to see if you have any friends who would be willing to lend you theirs. Save your $$ and put it towards a good set later when you can afford it.
I have learned the hard way to never skimp on optics. It only costs more $$ down the road.
You are better off with a $200 rifle and a $800 scope than the other way around. IMHO same deal with binocs. Save, save, save till you can get some nice ones.

Thanks for the help fellas. I will look into those. I've also thought it might be more prudent to borrow a friends extra pair for this year and use the $100 and add to the funds I'll have this winter. Then I can get a higher quality pair. Any good ideas in the $300-400 range?

I believe that you'll never go wrong if the name Lupold or Nikon is on the product. Nikon has a 25 year no fault warranty. Leupold has a lifetime no fault warranty. That means that even if you wife hits you over the head with them and destroys them, you can send them back to the factory for repair or replacement!

I have had good luck with good old Tasco brand, cheap Japanese binoculars and scopes of long pedigree. Tasco entered the US market in the 1960's I think. Cabela's always has something Tasco for sale, and I got three different satisfactory types there over the years................elsullo

Leupold Windriver line is about as good of value you are going to find IMHO.
Not as spendy as their home grown version but well engineered Leupold quality (built in asia I think) and warranty. Mine certainly have proven to be flawless.

I carry a pair of the Leupold Yosemite's found here:

<broken link removed>

They aren't real small, but they're small enough that they're not a problem to have hanging around your neck all day, but they're big enough that you can grip them easily with gloves on. I think they're right around $100.

Thanks bwells. Those yosemites look great. THat might be my choice. Compact, low cost and still leupold!

You might want to try the Vortex Raptors 8.5 x 32's list for $169 but can be found for $129 several places. Recommended by Audubon for economical "birders". Clear and bright even after several years of rough treatment as loaners to friends without a pair. They also make several other styles if those are too big for your needs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top