JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Sig Mosquito and its been a good gun. Broke it in with Mini Mags and then fed it cheap golden bullets without issue. Take down is similar to any other semi auto. I just like shooting my 1911 with a 22 conversion more. Thats why the Sigs in the classifieds.

I recently bought a new Beretta Neos. New, it's within your price range. Shoots pretty much whatever I put in it, easy (!) to clean, and accurate to boot.

If you have a female companion that might like to try it it also has a bit smaller grip than some of the others. My wife likes to shoot it yet the grip is not too small and I also enjoy shooting it.

So do you think that this is a redesign of the s&w of the 422 semi auto pistol?

The 422 & the 22A are like apples & oranges.

My Brother has a 422, GREAT gun. It's nice & light, it keeps an OK group & is a lot of fun to shoot. The problem is finding one for less than $500.
My .22A cost me about $250 & keep a much better group. If you do get the .22A do not get discouraged, it will have feeding issues at first, but after a few hundred rounds it will run SWEET!!

By the way I put another 200 round through my 22A today.

You can't go wrong with a .22 in the Ruger Mark series or the Browning Buck mark series of pistols. Look for a used one -- lots of them are out there and often are offered for sale at more than reasonable prices. I'd also steer clear of anything with a zinc slide, but that's just me. Good luck.

The Ruger MK series or Buckmark are good choices. in revolvers the Ruger Single Six is also a good gun. there are S&W 17,34,617 and others but not in the 200 to 300 dollar range. The S&W 422 is also good, the wife likes her's and the old Colt and High Standards are good but usually priced out of you limit.

I like the mark II as i own one for an auto loader, and have an old SW K frame I think it is I bought on my 21st Bday 30 years ago and still is flawless only problem is the SW was around $200 30 years ago. Have fun looking !

I love my Buckmark. Nice sights; relatively easy to change barrels if I want; will feed anything I put in the mag; clean crisp trigger; safety, slide lock & mag release work and in the same place as a 1911; accurate; easy to strip down.
New they might be a little out of your price range but you can find em used in the price range you want. That's how I got mine.

I ran a similar thread last month and ended up buying a used Ruger Mark 111 22/45. Great gun, no jams! It's a 4" slab side poly frame. Picked it up online for $200.00 + shipping.
Taking it apart was a bit tricky but once you do it a few times, no problem.
IMO Ruger!

Good luck,
Will

I have a beretta neos and I've had good luck with it.Also you can't go wrong with a Ruger single six it's a great little shooter.You'll have to search a bit to get one under $300 but they are out there

I have a Bersa/Firestorm 22, similar to their well regarded .380. SA/DA, fits in a pocket( or the wifes purse) and tons of fun to shoot. Crimson Trace grips are available for it.
About 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. It likes hotter ammo. MiniMags work great, but I have used the cheaper stuff as well.
There are 2 on Gunbroker now for $319 with free shipping.

Have fun,
Tom

I bought a flawless Browning Challenger II in that price range last year. Shoots amazingly, good weight to it (the last steel framed .22 they made I am told), and is just kind of coold to have something not everyone else has. It's not easy to get parts for though, since they only made them for a few years.

Love my new MKIII 22/45, eats the cheap bulk Remington too with absolutely no issues. Mine cost a little more than some of the others and what you want to spend but I ordered mine with a threaded bull barrel. I have shot a few other MKII's that my buddies/relatives own and they act the same and I dont think I ever jambed one up other than a dud. I hear the buck mark is saweeet as well. Lots of accessories for both.
I was wondering myself how these operate with the other bulk ammos like federal and such.
My Wife has the Walthers P22, its a nice pistol'e as well with a cool factory laser that fits and looks like it should, nice and snug.

Another vote for the Beretta Neos!

I've had mine for about 4 years and have lost count of the rounds I've fired through it. It eats 'good' ammo flawlessly, and only rarely does it fail to completely 'spit' out a fired cartridge, when firing the cheap stuff.

They are reasonably priced and very accurate. I've got a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot on mine, and it a bulls eye hit'n fool!

Make sure you let us know what you've decided, and what your next gun will be. :D

Frog.

As far as autos go, you can't beat Ruger, or the Browning Buckmark. In revolver, the Ruger Single-Six would be the one to buy, although it's getting harder to find them under $300 these days. If you go the revolver route, spend the extra money on a Ruger, and steer clear of the Heritage single action.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews