JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did some searches and there are a lot of 22lr pistols out there. I was wondering what you guys have and if you have any suggestions. Mostly looking for plinking and fun. I have heard some jam others don't. What I am looking for is one that will take what ever I feed it and still keep going with regular cleaning and with few parts to go bad. What you guys got and what should I not even think about getting? If you have any suggestions or links that would be great! Oh and I don't like the cowboy stuff. :s0114:
Thanks for any info and all help.

In that price range, I would choose a Ruger MKI II, or III. I would look for a used one that had been cared for.
I think the buck marks are great also, I just have more experience with the Ruger MK's

I would have recommended a ruger mk2 or mk3 as I have a mk2 with thousands of rounds through it.:s0155: But, I recently just picked up from another member, a walther p22. The first time I took it shooting, I put an entire 535 round box of bulk federal through it and it worked awsome- no missfeeds or anything. It's also by far the most accurate 22 handgun I've ever shot. I got my p22 for a really good price and I've seen others posted for the 275-350 range. They are well worth every penny.:s0155:

I'll vote for the Buckmark, as that is what I have experience with. Beautiful pistol. It does have a clunky design for take down, but I'll take excellent accuracy over ease of cleaning any day. My Bucky is the heart and soul of my general shooting practice.

I have had a P22 since 08 and we shot it yesterday. Awesome little gun and the Rem goldenbullet bulk pack works great in it too.

As stated above they are VERY accurate. I was hitting a popper set up at 100 yards yesterday from the offhand 40% of the time. Not bad for offhand and bulk ammo.

Got it with the factory lazer (great proper sight training aid for my 6YO boy) for less than the mosquito alone was and them are pretty much a minimag only pistol.....

At Cabelas

Buy it, it'll take recoil out of the equation, make you a better shooter with more trigger time, and be fun to shoot.

Just sayin'
Tilos

We like our S&W 22A, but there is no way that it will shoot a box of 'golden bullets' without problems, but then again, why would I want to shoot something as awful as golden bullets anyway. It does fine with federal bulks, federal auto match, blazer and mini mags. Really not a bad cheap pistol.

At Cabelas

Buy it, it'll take recoil out of the equation, make you a better shooter with more trigger time, and be fun to shoot.

Just sayin'
Tilos

I was looking at that one. I will have to get my hands on one to see how it feels. Though it looks like those are a pain to clean and you can't dry fire them from what I hear. Though My kids might do that on accident.

If you plan to carry it in the woods with snake shot, you might want to avoid the autos. Most won't feed the plastic capped snake cartridges reliably, and a broken cap means an action full of tiny lead shot.
Right when you need it most(?).
For that reason the revolver is the gun of choice.
If you don't carry in the woods, and plinking is your goal, then the Buckmarks and Ruger MkI-II-IIIs make excellent choices. If you can find a decent one in your price range.

Prob not going to. I did see a mark 2 in ss go for $300 at the gun show, that was a good deal too. My brother suggested a smith and wesson 422 but they don't make those anymore.:cool:

I was looking at that one. I will have to get my hands on one to see how it feels. Though it looks like those are a pain to clean and you can't dry fire them from what I hear. Though My kids might do that on accident.

You probably shouldn't dry fire any of them (22lr pistols), as most can have pin contact against the chamber face. Every now and again probably won't hurt the gun, but repeated dry firing can leave a mark/dent on the edge of the chamber where the rim sits (and should be struck.)

I've got a buckmark camper that I've had for a number of years. The only thing wrong with it is the plastic sight assembly, which can be replaced fairly cheaply. (Mine broke after probably 2-3k rounds, I replaced it after another 1k or so rounds.)

It also needed a brick or so to "break in," I had a lot of stove pipes early in it's life, but I can't remember the last time it stovepiped.

I have the MK II and it a shooter. Ultra reliable, tough as nails, accurate, great adjustable sights, and it come in several variations, but, the new ones may retail for about $400. Go the stretch to get the Rugers if you like their brank; you will never regret it.

The Ruger Single Action Six is a very nice single action, and it will give you 1.5" groups at 25 years, but, it can tire the eyes because to the inferior iron sights that the MK II has.

Walter's P22 did have a historic problem with feeding and mags years ago, but with so many complaints, the bugs must have been worked out. I think about 2 or more years ago they fixed the mag problem.

Do not know about the Buckmark but it is Browing!

I have the MK II and it a shooter. Ultra reliable, tough as nails, accurate, great adjustable sights, and it come in several variations, but, the new ones may retail for about $400. Go the stretch to get the Rugers if you like their brank; you will never regret it.

The Ruger Single Action Six is a very nice single action, and it will give you 1.5" groups at 25 years, but, it can tire the eyes because to the inferior iron sights that the MK II has.

Walter's P22 did have a historic problem with feeding and mags years ago, but with so many complaints, the bugs must have been worked out. I think about 2 or more years ago they fixed the mag problem.

Do not know about the Buckmark but it is Browing!

Yeah with the p22 it seems a lot of people have had to send them back in.

I would also recommend the Ruger Mark series and specifically suggest avoiding the Sig Mosquito and the Walther P22. I don't want to have and argument with the people that own those pistols but this is my opinion.

I would also recommend the Ruger Mark series and specifically suggest avoiding the Sig Mosquito and the Walther P22. I don't want to have and argument with the people that own those pistols but this is my opinion.

Opinions are awesome.

Even better is experience. Trust me my man. That is NOT an argument....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top