JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Sig Mosquito and its been a good gun. Broke it in with Mini Mags and then fed it cheap golden bullets without issue. Take down is similar to any other semi auto. I just like shooting my 1911 with a 22 conversion more. Thats why the Sigs in the classifieds.

I recently bought a new Beretta Neos. New, it's within your price range. Shoots pretty much whatever I put in it, easy (!) to clean, and accurate to boot.

If you have a female companion that might like to try it it also has a bit smaller grip than some of the others. My wife likes to shoot it yet the grip is not too small and I also enjoy shooting it.

So do you think that this is a redesign of the s&w of the 422 semi auto pistol?

The 422 & the 22A are like apples & oranges.

My Brother has a 422, GREAT gun. It's nice & light, it keeps an OK group & is a lot of fun to shoot. The problem is finding one for less than $500.
My .22A cost me about $250 & keep a much better group. If you do get the .22A do not get discouraged, it will have feeding issues at first, but after a few hundred rounds it will run SWEET!!

By the way I put another 200 round through my 22A today.

You can't go wrong with a .22 in the Ruger Mark series or the Browning Buck mark series of pistols. Look for a used one -- lots of them are out there and often are offered for sale at more than reasonable prices. I'd also steer clear of anything with a zinc slide, but that's just me. Good luck.

The Ruger MK series or Buckmark are good choices. in revolvers the Ruger Single Six is also a good gun. there are S&W 17,34,617 and others but not in the 200 to 300 dollar range. The S&W 422 is also good, the wife likes her's and the old Colt and High Standards are good but usually priced out of you limit.

I like the mark II as i own one for an auto loader, and have an old SW K frame I think it is I bought on my 21st Bday 30 years ago and still is flawless only problem is the SW was around $200 30 years ago. Have fun looking !

I love my Buckmark. Nice sights; relatively easy to change barrels if I want; will feed anything I put in the mag; clean crisp trigger; safety, slide lock & mag release work and in the same place as a 1911; accurate; easy to strip down.
New they might be a little out of your price range but you can find em used in the price range you want. That's how I got mine.

I ran a similar thread last month and ended up buying a used Ruger Mark 111 22/45. Great gun, no jams! It's a 4" slab side poly frame. Picked it up online for $200.00 + shipping.
Taking it apart was a bit tricky but once you do it a few times, no problem.
IMO Ruger!

Good luck,
Will

I have a beretta neos and I've had good luck with it.Also you can't go wrong with a Ruger single six it's a great little shooter.You'll have to search a bit to get one under $300 but they are out there

I have a Bersa/Firestorm 22, similar to their well regarded .380. SA/DA, fits in a pocket( or the wifes purse) and tons of fun to shoot. Crimson Trace grips are available for it.
About 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. It likes hotter ammo. MiniMags work great, but I have used the cheaper stuff as well.
There are 2 on Gunbroker now for $319 with free shipping.

Have fun,
Tom

I bought a flawless Browning Challenger II in that price range last year. Shoots amazingly, good weight to it (the last steel framed .22 they made I am told), and is just kind of coold to have something not everyone else has. It's not easy to get parts for though, since they only made them for a few years.

Love my new MKIII 22/45, eats the cheap bulk Remington too with absolutely no issues. Mine cost a little more than some of the others and what you want to spend but I ordered mine with a threaded bull barrel. I have shot a few other MKII's that my buddies/relatives own and they act the same and I dont think I ever jambed one up other than a dud. I hear the buck mark is saweeet as well. Lots of accessories for both.
I was wondering myself how these operate with the other bulk ammos like federal and such.
My Wife has the Walthers P22, its a nice pistol'e as well with a cool factory laser that fits and looks like it should, nice and snug.

Another vote for the Beretta Neos!

I've had mine for about 4 years and have lost count of the rounds I've fired through it. It eats 'good' ammo flawlessly, and only rarely does it fail to completely 'spit' out a fired cartridge, when firing the cheap stuff.

They are reasonably priced and very accurate. I've got a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot on mine, and it a bulls eye hit'n fool!

Make sure you let us know what you've decided, and what your next gun will be. :D

Frog.

As far as autos go, you can't beat Ruger, or the Browning Buckmark. In revolver, the Ruger Single-Six would be the one to buy, although it's getting harder to find them under $300 these days. If you go the revolver route, spend the extra money on a Ruger, and steer clear of the Heritage single action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top