JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had to trench a 150 40 inch deep trench for a water line. Bad day. I cut a unknown power supply line. Was doe the ac. Then I loose my iPhone I believe somewhere in the trench or piles of dirt. Can't hear it when we call. Any ideas?

iPhones have a locater service for lost phones - but I think you have to be registered with Apple and have an account?

But not sure it would be precise enough to tell you exactly where it is? Plus I think the GPS would maybe have to be turned on to be precise enough.

iCloud.com

Locate your device through "Find my iPhone"

It would be nice to have an app that could find it with bluetooth or NFC or wifi by signal strength and direction. But then, you would have to have those services turned on. I usually have almost everything turned off to save battery power. At home I run with wifi on because I don't get much cell signal here.

I believe the location services need to be turned on in the iPhone settings to use the find my iPhone option.
Unless the NSA was looking for it... were that the case the the battery could be dead, and the phone buried 5 ft deep, and theyd find it and have a drone running surveillance within 30 seconds.
I've seen Eagle Eye.:s0131:

When I saw the cut line, I was like, good hell thats bad. And good hell Im lucky.
Farmer wire job. 6 inches deep with no cover over it.

Yeah - I have been fortunate, with all my ground clearing and dozer work and the previous logging, that when the underground lines for the neighborhood were put in, they seem to have been put in good and deep. I've run over the areas where they are several times and all I have hit is roots and I have uprooted a number of stumps.

I had an inspector working an airport runway in Alaska years ago... He lost his phone during the pour but didn't know where. Word was that it was heard ringing in the concrete for days later until the battery gave up...o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top