JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lost a YHM Phantom suppressor in Salmonberry Shooting Pit along Highway 26 in Timber Oregon. How do I report this to the authority such as ATF? Thanks.

yhm_phantom_ti_762_qd_blk_rear_1200x800.jpg

Last Edited:
Can't tell you how because I don't know. But, just guessing, I believe it would be a good idea to get it reported ASAP, in case it somehow becomes a piece of evidence in a crime you didn't commit.

I'd be there right now if I were you.

I may just go out there tonight with a flashlight for ummm reasons....

Tweakers actively roam these areas at night for brass.

If you didn't turn back around the moment you noticed it gone, I wish you the best of luck.

Dismounted and left in the vehicle while cleaning up the field (picking up bullets and debris). I guess somehow somebody touches it, rolls down and under the vehicle. I usually check the field and make sure nothing left behind before leaving the place. The only place I didn't check is under the vehicle. I guess somebody found it after that. I went back the next day. It's gone.

I am not worried about the suppressor. But the responsibility that I need to bear. I will contact ATF on Monday (I don't think they open on the weekend).

Wow, ATF has a local office. :p

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has locations in several field divisions across the continental United States and several territories. Each field division has several field and satellite offices that cover one or several states. Each office houses staff with specialized expertise to help you address questions or concerns regarding violent crime, federal firearms licensing and regulation, federal explosives licensing and investigation and arson investigations. To find the ATF office closest to you, please use the filterable list below.

Portland, OR Field Office
1201 NE Lloyd Boulevard
Portland, OR 97232-0000
(503) 331-7820

Yes, they do. I've interacted with them on and off as an FFL licensee. The ATF 800# in the site above (800-800-3855) is open 24/7, for whatever it is worth.

What if my NFA Firearm is Lost or Stolen?
by David M. Goldman

As soon as you discover that your NFA firearm was lost or stolen, you must notify your local NFA branch office of the circumstances by providing the following information:
  1. The name and address of the person to whom the firearm is registered;
  2. The lost or stolen firearm, including the model, manufacturer, caliber or gauge, and serial number; and
  3. The date and place of the theft or loss, including details of the situation.
This report must be made within 48 hours of discover. In addition, you must notify your local law enforcement authorities within 48 hours of discovery.
You may call the ATF at our 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, toll-free hot line number, 1-800-800-3855.
In addition, you must also file an ATF Form 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/ Loss Report) within 48 hours.
If you are a Licensee, you should provide their license number.

Thanks but the link doesn't work. I found something similar.

Not sure what to say; both links go to the same URL for me.

You have reported this to local LEO already, yes?

I'm pretty sure that form is only for FFL licensees and not individuals, but I would defer to ATF on this one. Good luck.
Yes, you are right. It's for FFL licensees. I just spoke to a friend of mine who's Washington County Sheriff. Unfortunately, I need to speak to Multnomah County Sheriff instead. Best of lucks. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Reported.

According to the officer, it's the first time in Washington County (Timber Oregon) history got a report of missing class 3 item. What an honor! :p

This suppressor will be entering into their database as a stolen item. Hopefully, somebody will return it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top