Gun Deals
J&B Firearm Sales
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Oregon Rifleworks
Low Price Guns
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

lost a suppressor in the forest

Reactions
Wow. hope it gets returned. On that note, if its unlawful possession, how does one return an item like this if found? Would on call the sheriff right away without touching it??? Just curious because I have found magazines and such before that I have no way of tracking the owner. How do you deal with a class 3 item if found?

GWS

Reactions
Wow. hope it gets returned. On that note, if its unlawful possession, how does one return an item like this if found? Would on call the sheriff right away without touching it??? Just curious because I have found magazines and such before that I have no way of tracking the owner. How do you deal with a class 3 item if found?
And we assume the finder of the can knows what it is:confused:

Reactions
Ill be there Sunday. Ill look in my areas and see if it turns up. Hopefully someone doesn't pick up a free felony thinking they’ve scored a jackpot.

PDXSparky

Reactions
Reported.

According to the officer, it's the first time in Washington County (Timber Oregon) history got a report of missing class 3 item. What an honor! :p

This suppressor will be entering into their database as a stolen item. Hopefully, somebody will return it.
Really am hopeful that you recover your can.

Reactions
Not sure if you were able to get a hold of someone, but for future reference, the Portland Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives Oregon Field Office contact number is (503)-331-7830. If it's out of business hours call the Nashville ATF Industry Operations Area Supervisor at (202) 648-8010.

GWS

Reactions
I lost a Glock magazine at one of the pits, and when I went back to look, I found and M&P 15/22 magazine, so naturally I went and bought an M&P 15/22 to go with it. Total win-win IMO :cool:
LOL
When God gives you lemons...Right?

Reactions
Carry a tax stamp copy with you when having all that fun. Can a good dog sniff out gun oil or powder residue? Metal detector. Have a big private can hunt? Yep, report the loss. Obviously try to find it. Be amazed what ends up missing at the range. Yikes!

oa98pistol512

Reactions
unlawful possession is worth I believe 3 years in a federal prison
We all know criminals are afraid to get caught with something like this missing item.... I hope it was a stand up person and turns it in. I have found a few guns over the years at shooting pits and turned them in . One no one claimed and was given back to me ...

Reactions
Wow. I found a cz scorpion mag in the woods... but never will I get one of those, its my opinion that this is one if the ugliest firearms made lol

Reactions
See if you can borrow a metal detector and look around the area you may have lost it. I would not post the area for everyone to be looking for it because they may never give it back

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online