lost a suppressor in the forest

OP
Wooster
Reactions
Dismounted and left in the vehicle while cleaning up the field (picking up bullets and debris). I guess somehow somebody touches it, rolls down and under the vehicle. I usually check the field and make sure nothing left behind before leaving the place. The only place I didn't check is under the vehicle. I guess somebody found it after that. I went back the next day. It's gone.

I am not worried about the suppressor. But the responsibility that I need to bear. I will contact ATF on Monday (I don't think they open on the weekend).

OP
Wooster
Reactions
Wow, ATF has a local office. :p

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has locations in several field divisions across the continental United States and several territories. Each field division has several field and satellite offices that cover one or several states. Each office houses staff with specialized expertise to help you address questions or concerns regarding violent crime, federal firearms licensing and regulation, federal explosives licensing and investigation and arson investigations. To find the ATF office closest to you, please use the filterable list below.

Portland, OR Field Office
1201 NE Lloyd Boulevard
Portland, OR 97232-0000
(503) 331-7820

OP
Wooster
Reactions
OP
Wooster
Reactions
What if my NFA Firearm is Lost or Stolen?
by David M. Goldman

As soon as you discover that your NFA firearm was lost or stolen, you must notify your local NFA branch office of the circumstances by providing the following information:
  1. The name and address of the person to whom the firearm is registered;
  2. The lost or stolen firearm, including the model, manufacturer, caliber or gauge, and serial number; and
  3. The date and place of the theft or loss, including details of the situation.
This report must be made within 48 hours of discover. In addition, you must notify your local law enforcement authorities within 48 hours of discovery.
You may call the ATF at our 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, toll-free hot line number, 1-800-800-3855.
In addition, you must also file an ATF Form 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/ Loss Report) within 48 hours.
If you are a Licensee, you should provide their license number.

Thanks but the link doesn't work. I found something similar.

Not sure what to say; both links go to the same URL for me.

You have reported this to local LEO already, yes?

OP
Wooster
Reactions
I'm pretty sure that form is only for FFL licensees and not individuals, but I would defer to ATF on this one. Good luck.
Yes, you are right. It's for FFL licensees. I just spoke to a friend of mine who's Washington County Sheriff. Unfortunately, I need to speak to Multnomah County Sheriff instead. Best of lucks. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom