JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idjiots. You used to be able to pick up those demilled practice grenades at any surplus store for $5 each (probably still can). And if they unscrewed it they'd see the fuses aren't intact.

dummy.jpg

That presents the same danger as any metal object. The most severe being dropping it on your toe or throwing it at someone.

dummy.jpg

Idjiots. You used to be able to pick up those demilled practice grenades at any surplus store for $5 each (probably still can). And if they unscrewed it they'd see the fuses aren't intact.

View attachment 68283

That presents the same danger as any metal object. The most severe being dropping it on your toe or throwing it at someone.

I have one of them. Blue cap, unscrew, hollowed out.

What if it was donated intentionally? They could put that on the shelf and easily get $5-10 for it. They should be slapped for pretending that this is in any way news. Would they turn away a former military vehicle that was donated? What's the difference between taking the explosives off of the vehicle or grenade?

Oh, right. That would distract from the portrayal of firearm or military collectors as totally bat-bubblegum crazy. I forgot.

last time I took a load of stuff to salvation army for donation they were closed so I hit goodwill - there was a stack of decent knives in a box on the desk. I asked about them and the guy said they couldn't sell them in the store and they would be otherwise disposed of. My best guess is that the staff go through the knives and take any they like home as they can't sell them or other "weapons" per policy. Apparently they haven't considered the amount of damage that can be inflicted with a golf club or bat....

Goodwill and Salvation army Managers get first dibs, many around here have furnished their houses for pennies I kid you not.

Do they moonlight as TSA agents? I hate to think of how many benchmades, striders, microtechs, etc. those losers score from travelers who don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it home (if they even offer the option anymore).

Long ago I worked as a contractor for PDX. Part of my job was to write up procedures for the proper disposal of hazardous materials collected at the security check points. The knifes, leathermans, brass knuckles, etc. all go onto ebay as lots. Needless to say some particularly nice items never make it (like my Puma Seargent lock back).

Now, when I was flying through Hethrow in England, they just put the knife into an envelope and forwarded it to the flight crew. They gave it back to me in Vancouver Canada upon landing and I got onto my US bound flight with no problem. Now this was pre-9/11, but the important point is the difference in how the security addresses these issues. England, helps you out where in the US they profit from it. All about the money.

Do they moonlight as TSA agents? I hate to think of how many benchmades, striders, microtechs, etc. those losers score from travelers who don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it home (if they even offer the option anymore).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top