JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait, what.... Didn't you just have one for sale? Someone had one for sale just after I bought mine. Someone also put a Hornady Case Trimmer for sale JUST AFTER I BOUGHT MINE.... :eek:

I missed out on 2 good deals. :oops:

November 4, 2017 my friend!

I would look at the pro chrono dlx I have the older pro chrono digital and added the 50$ adapter for Bluetooth which the dlx has built in for 10$ more than the digital.

Bluetooth is really handy when you are at a public range it also records all your shot strings. I have shot strings recorded on a I pad for every load I have tried over it labeled by load data.

I don't reload, but I wonder what percentage of reloaders have a chronograph? I'll bet most do not own one. Nice to have I'd think, but for making plinking ammo I'd think it was not a necessity. See how nice I am to your pocket book? ;)

I would like one because it will give me that extra input for what my loads are doing in my guns. "Mo' info is bettah info". Currently I can't really use one at the club in PDX I belong to. When I can get out of the potland hell hole and have a range that's closer to home, I will have one.

I am going to go with the one dyjital has. I would like to use it for pistols as well so I think it will be a great starter one for me.

I'f I'm not mistaken, the type shown need good overhead light to function. That magneto Speed doesn't require light. AFAIK. I watched a member strap one of those on his rifle and use it. It seemed to work well.

My older chrony chrono has white sky screens that go across the uprights for sunny clear days. I have never used it indoors but I wouldn't think they would be needed indoors.

@Dyjital does yours need over head light to function?
Negative. Needs some (natural) light to operate.

C7DE6C4C-AFA8-4F09-A7D2-9669C0B52A5F.jpeg

The sensor below picks up the object as it passes between the sensor and the white poly strip and again when it exits.

If it's super bright outside (think direct sunlight) it can skip a reading. The poly strip is there for contrast.

I have the magnetospeed sporter. Here are the positives.

Fits in my range bag as it's very compact.

At public ranges I can show up and install it while others shoot. No need to shutdown the firing line so you can set up your stuff.

Works in any weather.

The only con I see is it does change your point of impact when installed.

Good luck!!

View attachment 535734

The sensor below picks up the object as it passes between the sensor and the white poly strip and again when it exits.

If it's super bright outside (think direct sunlight) it can skip a reading. The poly strip is there for contrast.

Well that sucks it won't work for me then.:( Sorry Dyjital I may have to rethink this.

View attachment 535734

This is good to know. I would have though the brighter the better?

Well that sucks it won't work for me then.:( Sorry Dyjital I may have to rethink this.
No problem!

No need to get something that won't work for the location it would be used in.

This is good to know. I would have though the brighter the better?

You'd think but it's an optical sensor that can be blinded. Some take a diffuser from fluorescent lights and put above but if the sunlight is coming in at an angle that doesn't work so well.

I have a infrared light source for mine (replaces the sky screens) from what I understand at major uspsa matches they place the the chrono inside a box with the infrared light source to eliminate the errors that varied natural light can introduce.

The pro chrono has worked great for me indoors with infrared light, outdoors in natural light,is relatively inexpensive, and is made in the US with a great replacement policy. You are more than welcome to try mine out sometime (just don't shoot it) shoot me a pm if you are interested.

+1 for magnetospeed, but get the upgraded version from the Sporter. While you might see a POI shift, that's not what you using a chronograph for. It is inexpensive, compact, accurate and not light sensitive. Love mine. If I had a chunk of change and was trying to shoot to transonic and truing a ballistic coefficient curve for my projectile of choice, I would say LabRadar...or just download a custom curve from Applied Ballistics

Is it true what I've heard? "There are those that HAVE shot their chrono, and those that WILL"---
Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top